Cow & gate - frothy!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok so we're on cow & gate - well Caitlin is :D

We found cow & gate 1 a little frothy/bubbley and have recently gone to cow & gate 2 which seems worse frothy wise! Surely all that can't help her tummy/wind? Which she has loads of.

Anyone any experience & what they did?

And no its not washing liquid lol!

Im on Cow & Gate 1 and it is frothy when I make them up but I because I make them up for the day by rthe time I come to feed them to Lily the froth has all gone. Not much help I know do you make up a days worth?

xx

You go against the recommended rules? :shock: lol!

Might be an idea!

All I do is do her water in bottles!

Fresh water - boil - cool for 30 - fill bottles - screw on lids - leave if too warm - fridge when cool enough! Then when she wants bottle add powder - shake - put in jug of water to heat!

Yeah im naughty :blush: Dont do as Im told....

Shes a little piggy so they are not sat in the fridge long and I only use 5 bottles so they are constantly being used and refilled so I dont worry bout them sat in there too long :D

Its up to the individual

I do her bottles twice a day once after her morning feed (9ish) and beofre her last feed at night (again 9ish)
Put on steriliser and kettle of fresh water - Wait 30mins - Pour water into bottles - add formula shake untill nice and frothy lol - cap up and stick in fridge - Warm up in water when needed .

xx

Be interesting to see how many do it like this.

Our HV said she doesn't see harm in it in her opinion it was safer than counting scoops with only one eye open!

Yeah would be hope it is ok to do... my mum said its how she used to do it. I dont think Id have the energy to make each bottle as I go or maybe Im a little lazy :blush: lol

xx

I know theres a couple that have said they do it the old way!

Basically my HV said you got silly people who use to put their 'made' bottles on the radiator to keep 'warm' :shock: like 24 hours worth - and silly things like that were not ok to do.

Silly question, when you tip the bottle to feed her wouldnt the froth go to the top? So she wouldnt actually be drinking the froth.....

Not really no - Stage 2 appears quite frothy! But because its quite a bit its all still there anyway when shes getting to the end of bottle :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->