Cows Milk Q

A

AppleBlossom

I know cows milk isn't supposed to replace formula yet but I was just wondering, and this is probably a really dumb question, but say I ran out of powder, kettle wasn't boiled or I was out and didn't have enough formula can I give Grace a bottle of cows milk instead? I don't mean everyday, just every so often if I needed to. She has 3 bottles a day. She has milk incorporated into food etc but I don't know if she allowed to drink a full bottle of it just yet?

I started giving Hallie little sippy cups of milk when she was 11 months. I think it's just advised to have Formula upto 1 as it has all the nutrients in it to suppliment what they're not getting in food and assume by 1 year they get enough food calories.

If she is eating well I think Cows milk would be fine.
If she has it in her cereal etc, it's obviously not harmful as they're not sick so I'm assuming its just what I said about calories.

one of my friend's babies has started refusing formula altogether. She's 10 and a 1/2 months old and she just gives her cows milk now. I don't know if she's asked a HV about it tho. I'm thinking about giving Ally cows milk as a drink (as well as his usual water) quite soon as he's only having 1 bottle a day now. Having said that, I'm not planning on changing his night feed over to cows milk when he's 1 as he's doing better now he has good night milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->