cows milk

needhope

Mother of 1
Reaction score
does your lo eat cows milk? ive been giving my son cows milk on his weetabix since 7 months and it never occured to me that i shouldnt. but a friend started talking and chrons disease and worried me?

he has 2 bottles a day at 9 months and they are always formula xx

It is fine to give LO cow's milk after six months with food. The reason they still need breastmilk or formula is because there isn't enough iron or vitamin D in cow's milk to promote healthy growing.

Cows milk in food from 6 months onwards is fine :)

I was under the impression that we couldn't give cow's milk until 1 year :shrug:

After 6 months babies can have it in food that's perfectly fine, but not to drink until 1. X

Yep with food is fine from 6 months but shouldn't be a main drink until 12 months due to the low iron content.

As for crohns disease, there's no known association to early introduction of cows milk and inflammatory bowel disease.
X

Well you learn something new every day. I just use my breastmilk in everything, nice and cheap!

cows milk with his Weetabix at 6 months is fine. as others said it shouldn't be used for the milk feeds - these should still be either breast or formula, that's for nutritional reasons though not to do with Crohns.

thanks will carry on as i am, drinks are always formula or water xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->