CPS - my story

tinsie

Expecting my 1st
Reaction score
I'm in need of a real good hug right now.

I live in Norway. The Child Protective Services over here are not the best, to say the least (not just my opinion). I have a history of anorexia, anxiety and ADHD.

I contacted the CPS in week 7 of my pregnancy, asking to get a meeting with them to discuss what kind of help they could offer me. It was important to me to have a good support network since I was fresh out of inpatient treatment and all.
At that stage, they could only speak generally about it, but what I remember the most is the woman saying "in the beginning, all the baby needs is his mother". I decided to keep the baby, understanding I had a lot of work to do.

I have done that. I have worked so hard and come so far. I'm 39 weeks pregnant tomorrow and was told yesterday that they are removing the child right after the birth. I'm heartbroken. It turns out my journal hasn't been updated since November last year, so most of my progress hasn't even been included. I'm so devastated I don't even know what to do. None of the people who know me understands this decision. Not even those I see in the psychiatry. I'm beyond disappointed.

How do you deal with knowing that you may never even get to see your baby after the birth?

I'm going to court, but right now it just feels pointless... I feel like I've already lost.
The information on which they have based their decision is old, but I cannot appeal until after I've been to court. It hurts so much... :cry:

I'm so sorry, I didn't want to read and run, but don't really have any advice. Is there anyone who can help, its not your fault things werent updated.
Big hugs ((())) x

This is crazy! Do you have a health worker who can follow this up for you? Or someone who knows how far you've come and can vouch for you?

Why on earth they would take the baby from you straight away without even giving you a chance to care for it and prove that you can do it, it's shocking. You've obviously been really responsible and done everything you can and yet they aren't giving you that chance?

Hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

i am a foster carer who recently helped a child i had looked after for 4 years get back with her mum. sservices had accused her of a lot of untrue things and kept blaming her depression and learning difficulties for her child's problems. I had to get a lot of medical people to back up my statements to prove that mum was fit and as a result i probably wont be able to foster again as i was told ' i needto know my place as a foster career'but i dont care because ss do make mistakes and in so many cases, with proper non bias support, children are better of with their natural parents.
keep fighting and i wish you luck x

My heart goes out to you. This is gut-wrenching and horrible. I wish I had some concrete answers for you but I don't. I pray someone will. There is so much injustice in the world..

I am so sorry you are going through this hun sending hugs your way. I just don't understand the system... I work in law enforcement in the US and I have seen parents that don't provide for their kids, beat their kids, put their children in the most unsanitary conditions possible and do drugs around their kids and CPS still gives them back to the parents... It just doesn't make any sense to me. Whatever happened to making sure these babies have whats best for them??? Just because a momma has anxiety and maybe has a hard time concentrating sometimes doesn't mean that baby is in danger. I don't know about where you live but there's got to be someone somewhere that can help you. I wished I could help or give u a number of someone to talk to I just don't know where to look Hun.

Cps in the US always gives the mother a second chance to prove she can care for the baby (most of the time with social workers supervising, MIL is a foster parent). Hopefully you can gather up enough evidence of your progress before baby is born. I would start compiling it now and submit it as soon as possible to the case worker who is basing this on the old info.

So sorry you are going through this.

Have you got a lawyer? You should get one straight away to give you legal advice.

I'm not from Norway, but would have thought that as part of the court proceedings you would have an opportunity to file evidence. So CPS would file its evidence and then you would file evidence. You would seek access to all your recent medical records and reports and file those.

Do you have a stable medication regime? You should gather evidence like your prescriptions, doctors referral letters and evidence of your ante natal care.

Do you have ongoing counselling or psychology appointments? This is important to show that you have community supports and are managing your health. You could seek access to your counselling notes and or ask your counsellor to write a report for you and file those in the court.

I would have also thought that if CPS is seeking to rely on old evidence then your lawyer could challenge that. Plus a judge would need to have evidence before him or her of your current state of health.

This seems horribly wrong and illegal but I don't know your countries procedures. I agree wss^^ can you get your current medical doctors to vouch for you or start the process for legal representation? I hope this works out in your favor because it sounds like you know what you are doing and have worked really hard to be stable for you child. :hugs:

Omg how can they do that to you??
Can you go to your doctors and send them in a current report?? :( hope things are worked out wrote baby gets here. Xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->