Cracking down on this Baby Thing!!!

StarGazerRose

Reaction score
I've been looking for a place to come and chat, vent, and oh whatever comes up.

My tale *cough* I mean, Novel:
Got married in May '11, went off the pill in Jan '12 (I was clock-work regular while on it), and no period...
Go for my yearly and ask what's up...OB says take this (Provera) to start a period and if it doesn't start call us, well it started, never knew what to do if it didn't start the next month...so no period til next ob visit... and again the next year ...
Comes to '14, again with the pill, period, no period thing... Was thinking that I had a thyroid issue (runs in the family, but not immediate), went to an endo, HORRIBLE person, didn't tell me much, took 6 vials of blood, told me I had high testosterone and low vitamin D, prescribed me Metformin and left the room -- had no clue why, but I figured hey he's a doc, he should know right?! WRONG --- Lesson Learned: Always ask questions if/when you are confused!!!
Anyways Metform killed me, made me sick, wasn't eating, made me depressed, just stopped taking it. Another year wasted with no cycle...
And to '15: I have no clue what happened in the beginning (i have no notes in my apps) Earliest info I have is ob visit in July, A Provera cycle in August, Took Clomid days 3-7, Ultrasound on day 13 (didn't like the nurse I didn't get to see anything on the monitor :( ), blood test day 21 [ progesterone: .6] = no ovulation. Next Provera cycle: I think I look Letrozol... ultrasound I got to see my ovaries -- oh look cysts! and ...PCOS... :sad1: , blood test day 21 [progesterone: ?? I can't find it] ... and so no ovulation, and no period.
And because I was lazy I didn't do anything from Nov '15 til April '16 ...and I got sick and I got lazy, and .... I didn't go back until after my nephew was born --- cause MIL was driving me nuts about seeing the doctor ...
So April, I saw an MD and not just my regular OB. He set me up with 3 months of BC to "relax" the ovaries/body ... and then I was to start Letrozol my last cycle on the pill (after finishing it obviously), and take it for 2 more cycles following....
BC period was short and sweet, mild to no cramping, but for a girl who's used to not having a period, I actually really enjoyed my hormones getting a break.
Well this was the first cycle of the Letrozol ...I wasn't all too worried about what was happening, I was hopeful, and yet, didn't want to be disappointed if nothing happened.
Allllll til one day, I had a bubbly cramp...and it happened a few days in a row. At work I ended up pass-out tired, and struggled to get anything done. A few other things and I started to symptom check... I wish I wouldn't have ... :dohh:
And the tww was driving me nuts! My potential period wasn't due for a week and a half... No ultrasound was scheduled, so I was waiting on my blood test, and the results. I was getting really excited to know what they were. And yet another Lesson Learned: Ask for numbers, Don't just say OK and hang up!!! My results came back as "Not consistent with ovulation" ... which means NOTHING btw!!! I had to wait an agonizing 2 more days before they were released on my account... Ya know what it came out as?! .... *drum roll with an eye roll* a flipping .4 yeah that's lower than my last one!!! What the crap?!
So ... I took to the messaging system on my patient account and suggested that I should take Provera now, since no ovulation means no lining swelling which means no period ....and I shouldn't have to wait until Mid Sept to start taking pills, to wait another 10 days, to start a cycle. Amazingly I got a phone call today telling me that it was ok to start my Provera, and also suggested upping my dosage, since 2 rounds, even after a "break", didn't seem to do anything.

And here I am... bashing myself for symptom checking when I don't know what I'm doing... Miserable that I was so excited and my blood test came back so low. I started using a new app (i heard good things about it, so I thought i'd try it) and it has personalized messages .... I "reported" having such and such and it said something about implanting, and there I sat crying to myself (ya know that choked up, teary eyed, but nothing happens)

Tomorrow I'm picking up my Provera and starting it either that night or the next morning.

So enough wasted time and lets get crackin' and make a baby!!!

Just thinking if I should wait out a day or two to take my Provera or just take it now... My "suspected period" isn't supposed to show up til Tuesday, I honestly don't think two more days will hurt me all that much ...

I dont know much about provera, but whstever you devide, good luck x

Provera is a pill that makes you have a period after taking it for 10 days.

I started it today.

I was talking to a few other ladies and decided that I'll attempt tracking my temperature tonight as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->