cracking up :(

maisiemoo

Reaction score
Our local news just reported on a fundraiser for the hospital and neonatal that cared for olivia. They showed an image of a little girl born 12 weeks early and its left me in pieces. I feel awful for crying for myself and my little girl, but this image has brought back so many memories and feelings experienced during this time. By 14 weeks olivia had 6 operations and although she's doing well, im always scared that she will need another. I suppose seeing where olivia stayed has just hit a nerve. Is it normal to be like this 6 months on? Its really upset me :-(

Didnt want to read and run but i still get upset when i see things on tv & so on
It is normal hun was a hard time for us all so understanding your baby had 6 op's you will feel the pain come back although she is with you now its totally understandable xx

I totally understand how you feel. i still get very upset when I see/hear things that bring back memories of that time. There was a programme on tv a few weeks ago about life in a neonatal unit which I was strangely drawn to watching but that had me in floods of tears. I think that feelings about the experience we have been through will stay with us a long time, so after only 6 months it is understandably still quite raw. x

The same happened for me and my OH, TV programmes and stories always knock me and OH for six. divadexie on here was in a news article and me and OH cried like babies. :dohh:

Its normal, its ok. Its because we understand more than anyone else.

yep totally normal, what you go through having a premie at any stage and however extreme your situation will affect you forever I think, I am much more moved by stories and things I see than I was before. I think just being a mother affects you more as you can only imagine the pain others are going through.
xx

I had Sophie 8 months ago. Last weekend, a friend posted pictures on facebook of her baby who was born I think around 6 weeks early. The pictures were very different from Sophie's early pictures, in that the baby isn't on CPAP and doesn't have so many wires etc, and is much much bigger than Sophie. However, just seeing those pictures got me thinking and the memories came flooding back.

I went to put Sophie down for the night and she was lying in her moses basket stroking my hand and smiling up at me and I started crying and crying - just thinking of everything Sophie went through, her being away from her mummy and daddy for 12 weeks, no cuddles for ages etc, and thinking back to the time when she was just lying in her incubator not doing anything, when we could never imagine her smiling or stroking our hands. I seriously could not stop crying for about two hours - I was in floods of tears.

You are definitely not alone :hugs: I can cope with it day to day but I don't dare let myself start thinking back to what Sophie was like at the start - and even looking back at pictures I find very very difficult at the moment.

xxxx

Hey hun well i hope its normal coz i get teary talking to people about neonatal unit and how much we've gone through. When i read this thread last night i couldnt reply coz i got all emotional about it.

When i think of everything thats happenend and all those horrible emotional days and weeks it still gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes and ive even recently found that when Ellas smiling and laughing away or when im singing to her and she's looking up all lovingly or falling asleep on my chest while i stroke her head brings me to tears

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->