Cradle Cap

xKimx

Mummy :)
Reaction score
Any of your babys have cradle cap ciaran has it and its realy bad looking ive tried baby oil and the baby cradle cap shampoo any other ideas?

Colton had it for a few months. Just now starting to get better. It's hard to get rid of and I really just had to wait it out. I bought this brush that you can use to scrub their head, and use that during each bath, I also put baby lotion on his head almost every day.

When you put the baby oil on, have you left it for half hour then use a baby brush to brush it out? Thats what i did with both of mine and it went away nicely.
:)

well i got told to soak it in overnight ? but ill try the brush thing:D thanks xx

Dylan had pretty bad cradle cap but I managed to shift it really fast by massaging Olive Oil (it was extra virgin - not sure if that matters!) into his head, leaving it for 20 mins then using a damp (wrung out) flannel to rub in little circles until his hair was damp but the oil looked to have mostly gone. Then I shampoo with baby shampoo and rinse in clean water (ie not the bath water)

Hope it works for you too...

Hey hun...i have the same problem...LO has had it for 2 months now. I have tried shampoo but it doesnt work. I have olive oil and was also told to leave it in the hair overnight...i have started massaging the oil 3 times a day now or whenever LO is settled and i get a chance. I have been told not to touch it as it can get infected?x

The only thing that helped my daughter was olive oil...and it's not costly either!

Extra virgin olive oil - leave it in for a bit before you wash it out.

Oscar has had this for ages. I have just left it, I might try the olive oil though :D

The olive oil and combing thing got the worst of it out for us. They still had a little bit until recently but their hair covers it anyway. It'll go away by itself in the end.

I was recommended grape seed oil, apparenty it is absorbed easier than other oils

Angel was starting to get it pretty bad so I just used her soft bristled brush and massaged her scalp in circles while the shampoo was in her hair. It went away after a week!

callum had it quite bad and my boss gave me a bottle of paul mitchell shampoo for kids and it worked a treat!! its £5 a bottle tho, so a tad expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->