Cradle cap

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Any useful tips on how to deal with cradle cap? Tristan has quite a scaly head at the moment, poor wee guy! How long does it usually last for?

xxx

My little brother had it and at 14 now he now has a very dry scalp.. my mom is a hairstylist and when he was a baby she put baby baby oil on his head and combed it through...thats what got rid of it for him. Good luck!

before you bath him smoother his head with baby oil and use a baby comb (or a nit comb) and comb the scales from his head, then wash his head as normal. This was advice giving to me by a midwife. Hope it works for you xx

We use baby oil too but found that it didn't do much if we put it on before Hannah's bath so we actually put it on afterward. She hasn't had cradle cap in over a month now but we use baby oil on her head daily

Baby oil is brilliant for it! Faith had it once and luckily one application of baby oil and it never came back x

My sister used a tiny tiny amount of head and shoulders on her LO! It done the trick but I'd be careful as it might be too harsh for babies skin!!

I recommend Olive Oil. You can get it over the counter at boots and clears it up a treat very quickly...

Only thing is its oily obviously so i say its best to do it at night and use old sheets or a towel on their bedding

x

I also would say olive oil....it worked wonders on my bubs xx

Thanks girls, I will definately give your tips a try.

xxx

Hi Poppy, Rihanna had the same and was given the same tip as most olive oil, comb it through and bathe..... worked a treat ! all gone :) xx

Boots do an own make cradle cap cream - Jack had it quite bad & after a few applications it was gone & has never come back. We also used the Dentinox shampoo but it was the cream that actually shifted it.
https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/st...89&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->