Cramping AFTER a bm?

MEPride

Reaction score
TMI warning...

I've been constipated for 3 days (as is my usual these days...) and finally felt the urge to go today without having to strain. Well, I went and since then I've been having mild low abdominal cramping and posterior pelvic achiness without any spotting.

Has anyone else experienced this? I understand cramps BEFORE having a bowel movement but I'm experiencing the cramping AFTER the fact, now going on 2-3 hours.

Thoughts?

I usually get cramps after BM if I've been constipated, lately the problem has been more diarrhoea (TMI) from stress but when I've been constipated I have cramps for the rest of the afternoon but my midwife told me to just take tylenol since cramps can be stressful and she doesn't like that.

Yup, I commonly get this even when not pregnant! Total TMI, but if you've been constipated, your muscles in your digestive system have been stretched for an unnatural length of time, so once you have a BM, they have to snap back into place and that can cause cramping and spasm type pain! Plus, there is a possibility not everything has come out just yet! There is also a chance the cramping is a coinsidence and it's just growing pains!

I thought I commented on this, but all right. I'm always up for poop stories. I always cramp before, during and after BMs throughout my pregnancies. It's all right! :)

The bowels and uterus have a way of setting each other off. This is why many people have loads of bowel movements during their periods. The period cramps can act as a pro-kinetic for the gut!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->