cramping after M/C for months??

mommy2lexi

3rd Trimester!!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

I had a m/c and D&C on June 4th and have been having very mild cramps nearly every day since. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this?

I did have a normal AF July 7th and am currently in the 2ww as I got a confirmed ovulation on OPK in July. I do not think I am pg since I am only a few days from AF and get bfn....but I guess things are straightening themselves out since I am ovualting and having a cycle right?

I am just freaking out wondering if possibly something went wrong? The cramps are really light, but enough to notice. I called the dr. to ask and they said if I don't get a period by next friday to call back and I guess they will do a test? But the thing is I have already had a period so I am not so much worried that I am not having cycles...more worried about these damn cramps!

I've been having that too but my cycles are still wacky and some of my cramps are still rather strong. My period just ended and I had the most horrendous menstrual-like cramp last night. I had been complaining to my doctor about them but she has been pointing to things like ovulation, my AF or even constipation (which I'm not). It's sort of frustrating. My mom thinks I may have fibroids and I looked up info on them last night and it seems to suit many of my symptoms. I have an ultrasound booked for September to check things out.

Thank goodness you have an ultrasound scheduled! So you have had cycles as well right? With ovulation and everything? It just seems so odd to me that we would STILL be cramping months after!

Some of my cramping is strong, just not to the double over in pain extreme. I am kinda used to strong cramps as I have always had horrible menstral cramps since I was younger.

My cycles have been off as well...this one I didn't even ovulate till day 20 or 21. I am usually a 28 day cycle girl.

Where are your cramps located? Mine are in the middle or my right side (like where my right ovary is)......weird!!

Starry Night,

So I am just looking at what fibroids are and it sounds like a lot of what i have going on....even the frequent urination! I haven't finished reading, but was wondering if these every day cramps are something you had before or just since your m/c? I am asking because I wonder if it's possible for the m/c to cause them? Will they show up on your ultrasound if you have them?

I have no idea if the ultrasound will show them or not. But I'd like to think so....

I hardly ever got cramps before I went on the pill. I first went on the pill in 2008 and was on it for a year. When I first went off the pill I cramped like crazy all the time but after a few months the cramping between periods went away but the cramps during AF stayed along with new PMS symptoms such as nausea and aching breasts. Before the pill I only ever got mood swings, the munchies and pimples.

My cramps are in the centre and to the left. I usually get ovulation pains on that side but my right side hurts from time to time. It feels like my ovaries are being rebooted. I have no idea when I'm ovulating as I don't use OPKs and I've been having weird 18 day cycles and getting ov symptoms in the middle of my AF as well when I should be (day 15). I just finished my first normal 7-day period since getting pregnant so I'm hoping things are starting to straighten out. I'm still cramping though and have so much cm I keep thinking my AF is returning.

So weird...my right side that hurts is the side I get pains in when I ovulate (usually) as well! I wonder if its the ovary that is causing us these issues? I know that is the side I had O pains in before I got pregnant with the baby I lost.

I hope you get answers at the ultrasound...I would think they should be able to tell you something....18 day cycles would be very hard to deal w :(

They are. Especially as I've been having weird 10-day periods so I'm bleeding more than I'm not. :( That's why I'm feeling encouraged by a 7 day period. I have a thread about passing a hard clot and that seems to have done the trick. Right now I'm guessing I'll need at least another cycle for things to really start normalizing. One step at a time. And I always have irregular cycles but they're on the longer end. (I conceived my baby on a 40 day cycle).

I hope we both see the end of our continuous cramping soon!

hi hun. I had cramps and bleeding on and off until mid jan after my d&c on 23rd Nov. Eventually I found out it was due to what looked like some of the sac still being retained, I only know this cis I saw it when it came out, once that had gone the cramps and bleeding stopped altogether. I would get a scan just to check hun.

I had a big thread in the miscarriage section at the time

Hmmm that is what I was worried about that they missed something! I know it's a 'blind surgery' so it can happen. When that happened to you did you still ovulate and have cycles? I haven't had any bleeding other than on my period...so no breakthrough bleeding as they call it. Did they have to go back in or did it pass that one time like you mentioned? Thanks for your story :)

here's the the thread I kept at the time. I wasn't doing ov tests so I don't know if I ov'd or not at the time.

https://www.babyandbump.com/miscarr...eks-after-d-c-think-its-finally-finished.html

I've only had light periods since my miscarriage so I'm nervous now that I've lost a few hard and old clots what my next cycle will be like. I normally have very heavy AFs so an extra heavy one has me trembling. Though I did bleed lots the first day of my first AF. It just got really light right after that. I hope that counts...

I was having more cramps today (as usual) but they don't seem so bad anymore. I'm hoping my ultrasound shows things are fine. I just don't want something to be wrong and have to wait until the end of September to find that out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->