Cramping and 35 weeks

LilyInk

Reaction score
I am 35 + 2 and the last two days I have had cramping just like when I use to get my period. If feels terrible and so uncomfortable. I have also gone to the toilet for number 2's more than usual (sorry TMI). Do you think this is the start of anything or just normal as baby drops lower?

I was induced with my first as he was 7 days late and I had high blood pressure. I also have high blood pressure again now. Don't see hospital midwife until Thursday next week! I am still working so hoping baby doesn't come until after next Friday!!

Any comments or advice? Am just tired of feeling awful and having these cramps. Baby is still moving lots.

are you getting any contractions along with the cramping? it wouldn't hurt to call your care giver and tell her how your feeling, see what she thinks

I don't think I am but I'm not real sure just yet. I do have lower back pain but the cramping seems pretty consistent. Doesn't really come and go just always there.

hmm..because my doctor told me that real contractions will be accompanied by period like cramps so I would call them and see what they want you to do!
Good luck hun and keep us updated

Thank you. The cramping has continued all day today and having some tightening so too. Made appt to see my gp on Thursday so see how I go until then I guess. I don't think it's getting worse. Hopefully settles overnight.

Its good to go and get checked at your GP about this just incase.
I have been getting period like cramps which actually make me feel as though im on my period (LOL) for several weeks now. I have mentioned it to my midwife at my appointment but she doesnt seem concerned so i would say its normal?!
Nothing has come of mine and i get them mainly in the evenings and sometimes when i wake up in the morning, so quite a regular thing.
Try not to worry, our bodies do strange things when pregnant.
I have put it down to the baby dropping, like you said. And just generally things moving and stretching lower down.
As for the number 2's, I think this is totally normal. I think its due to our bodies getting ready for labour by emptying our bowels more frequently.
:flower:

Typically, if the pain is constant, it's not related to labor. If it comes in time-able waves, that's when you really need to be concerned. :hugs:

Thank you! I have continued to have the cramping today and will see the doctor tomorrow and just double check all is ok but like some of you have said I am thinking its just due to baby dropping more and things getting ready. I have had shooting pain when I walk sometimes from the lightening too. This stage of pregnancy is soooo much fun!! On the countdown now though to meet the little one.

Just would like to get through to the end of next week when I finish work first!!! My blood pressure keeps creeping up though so not sure what doc will say tomorrow.

Thank you everyone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->