Cramping and diarrhea after C Section

Tantan

Nathan, Brandon & Bump
Reaction score
Hi,

Its just over 2 weeks since I've had my c section and I am having really bad cramping and diarrhea. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and did it ease off. My mam is concerned that I might have an infection.

I did about a week after my section i think maybe it was my bodys way of clearing itself out cos it was not very nice lol if ure woRried ask your midwife! X

Mine was the opposite but I did eventually go and it was vile! A mix of constipation vs chronic diarrhoea! I've also had back cramps, down my thighs too- feels very pmt like! Achy " up there" too x

I had this on day 4 after section while still in hospital, nurse said it was reaction to diphene painkiller drug, that was in supository form, maybe check what pain relief you are using for side effects?

Have you recently come off any antibiotics? Could be the after effects of them, if thats not the case then it could just be your body sorting itself out, the bowels get moved during a c section and that can irritate the bowels. If it persists after a few days then go to your gp or speak to your midwife. If you develop a fever or fatige then it could be a sign of infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->