Cramping?

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
I'm about 4 and a half weeks pregnant, have been taking test daily with slow progression in darkness of line. however everyday for the last 4 days i have been having mild cramping, probably about 5 or 6 times a day, not for very long, just a minute or less. I have no signs of bleeding at all but i'm worried that i'm miscarrying again, can anyone help?

Many Thanks,

Kitty xx

I felt the same as you at that point. I had a lot of cramping from about 4-6 weeks and then it eased so I still had a little but it wasn't as bad or long. I've had one scan so far.. Baby was 7+3, heartbeat of 146 and perfect. I just kept telling myself that unless I'm bleeding, all should be OK and so far it is. I know it's really worrying but unless you are bleeding, try to think of it as baby getting comfy and things growing :hugs:

I felt the same as you at that point. I had a lot of cramping from about 4-6 weeks and then it eased so I still had a little but it wasn't as bad or long. I've had one scan so far.. Baby was 7+3, heartbeat of 146 and perfect. I just kept telling myself that unless I'm bleeding, all should be OK and so far it is. I know it's really worrying but unless you are bleeding, try to think of it as baby getting comfy and things growing :hugs:

Thank you, any signs of miscarriage and i'm freaking out! I really appreciate it xx

It just means your uterus is growing =) I know it's hard to not worry...but it's all a normal process of pregnancy. MC cramps are very distinct (think heavy strong period cramps and or similar to contractions depending on how far along you are) accompanied with blood.

If it's enough to REALLY worry you just call your doctor's office and describe it to them, but it sounds like you're just having normal growing pangs =)

Thank you, any signs of miscarriage and i'm freaking out! I really appreciate it xx

I totally understand :hugs: I'm still that way a bit but since about 6 weeks when cramps eased, nausea kicked in full force and hasn't stopped so trying to relax and think of that as a good sign that all is still well. :flower:

I'm about 4 and a half weeks pregnant, have been taking test daily with slow progression in darkness of line. however everyday for the last 4 days i have been having mild cramping, probably about 5 or 6 times a day, not for very long, just a minute or less. I have no signs of bleeding at all but i'm worried that i'm miscarrying again, can anyone help?

Many Thanks,

Kitty xx

I felt crampy for the first 14 weeks with mine. Sometimes the cramps were a bit strong. I had also cervical pain, bleeding for 10 days and ligament pain. All was fine and normal. Good luck.

Sounds like what I've been experiencing all day!

It's so hard not to stress about every little twinge but I'm hoping my brain will ease up soon!

I have been having mild period like cramps ever since the day before I found out. Asked my doctor about it and she said as long as they were not severe and there was no bleeding not to worry...I checked my pregnancy journal I had with dd and I described the same thing with her. She is now a healthy and happy 2 1/2 year old:thumbup:

I have been having mild period like cramps ever since the day before I found out. Asked my doctor about it and she said as long as they were not severe and there was no bleeding not to worry...I checked my pregnancy journal I had with dd and I described the same thing with her. She is now a healthy and happy 2 1/2 year old:thumbup:

what counts as severe, because i would describe mine as mild to moderate, with the occasional rather uncomfortable one. it doesnt at all stop me doing things but it does hurt sometimes xx

I'd consider severe as not being able to focus or talk through them, but that's just me.

If you're not bleeding, I definitely wouldn't worry. Cramping is normal in early pregnancy, as is round ligament pain (which you've probably never felt before unless you've been pregnant). Round ligament pain can be especially painful and even "sharp" -- it can take my breath away. A good rule of thumb is -- unless you're bleeding -- pain is nothing to worry about unless it's substantial (more than typical period cramps) AND doesn't go away. Round ligament pain may last for seconds or even a minute, but it goes away. Normal cramping can last a while (hours even), but typically isn't severe.

If you're not bleeding, I definitely wouldn't worry. Cramping is normal in early pregnancy, as is round ligament pain (which you've probably never felt before unless you've been pregnant). Round ligament pain can be especially painful and even "sharp" -- it can take my breath away. A good rule of thumb is -- unless you're bleeding -- pain is nothing to worry about unless it's substantial (more than typical period cramps) AND doesn't go away. Round ligament pain may last for seconds or even a minute, but it goes away. Normal cramping can last a while (hours even), but typically isn't severe.

I lost my first at 14 weeks, but i never had ANY cramping with that pregnancy until i started to miscarry, but loads of people say compare to period cramps but ive never had period cramps so i have nothing to compare it to :(

I was crampy for the first several weeks with my son and a week before I tested this time around. I've had a few aches the past few days but they've settled down.
Kittykat, I'm so jealous you don't know the feeling of period cramps; I know them all too well and they suck!

I was crampy for the first several weeks with my son and a week before I tested this time around. I've had a few aches the past few days but they've settled down.
Kittykat, I'm so jealous you don't know the feeling of period cramps; I know them all too well and they suck!

I find it annoying, i mean i'm definitely not complaining, but i don't have ANY period symptoms, i only ever have bleeding (but its generally a lot) but its times like this where i wish i had even had one experience of cramps so i can tell if its worse or better than period cramps XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->