Cramps and contractions @ 36 weeks - questions!

Hippiemomlife

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I may just be a paranoid/excited/exhausted first time mama, but I've been having menstrual-like cramping every night for about a week now. It only comes at night and last night was the worst. I had a dream that I was in labour and I woke up with these throbbing cramps that would come and go the rest of the night. Now that it's morning, the cramps are gone!

I'm kind of hoping that it's a sign of the baby coming, but has anyone else experienced this? The baby has also been measuring about a week and a half ahead for the past few months... I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, could these cramps maybe be the start of labour?!

Cramps are fairly normal, I've been having them since 24 ish weeks and more so in the evening, it's to do with your hormone levels.

You will also suffer with cramps if you are slightly dehydrated.

If you are worried & they become extremely painful & regular I would contact your Midwife. Your body is definitely heading in the right direction though! Xx

^^agree with previous post. I'm 36w and have the same issues but mine are all day long irregular contractions from being at work, as soon as I get home and rest they go away only to be replaced by the said menstrual type cramps.
stay well hydrated, I thought I was doing a good job of staying hydrated ny doc told me I was slightly dehydrated at last appointment (I don't know how I'm supposed to drink any more water that I do! But I'm trying! Gl

Evenings are terrible my baby moves loads I get Braxton hicks achy pains allsorts I think when your at the end of pregnancy you get more uncomfortable by the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->