Cramps at night and now during the day

Kay_

Reaction score
I'm 37 weeks and 4 days, last night around 1:30am I had pretty bad period like cramps to the point where it took me awhile to fall back asleep again. Throughout the day yesterday and maybe the day before that I had mild cramping as well. However last night It lasted around 20-30 minutes. Has anyone ever felt this before? Normally I would just have the sharp shooting pain when I walk fast or for too long, this is my first time experiencing these cramps...

Update: I now have them again so i'm not sure what this means...anyone that has experienced them before in previous pregnancies please comment...I had posted this under labor but no one seems to be in that section as often as here

I know with my first pregnancy I had recurrent cramping near the end but it didn't amount to anything as I was induced at 40+6 at night and gave birth at 41 weeks. If you have a contraction timer, you should time them and see if there's a pattern or anything.

Latent labour can go on for weeks but not always. Sounds like your body is getting closer to birth!!

I know with my first pregnancy I had recurrent cramping near the end but it didn't amount to anything as I was induced at 40+6 at night and gave birth at 41 weeks. If you have a contraction timer, you should time them and see if there's a pattern or anything.
I don’t have a timer but I’m thinking I should start writing down the times I get them and how long they last for just to see..

Latent labour can go on for weeks but not always. Sounds like your body is getting closer to birth!!
Hopefully! My doctor was talking about having a stretch and sweep next week at 38 weeks but I’ve been thinking if my body is preparing already I should just wait and let it come naturally...I don’t really want her to be born early and I’ve read that’s what stretch and sweeps do ?

Ive been having really paid period cramps too like what you described on and off ! I think it’s just the baby moving and engaging ! I’d keep an eye on the pains and phone your unit/midwife if they get any worse !

If successful a sweep can send you into labour within 48 hours of having one . I’m hoping to have one at 38 weeks too. If you don’t want her to be born before 40 weeks is re consider your sweep depending on what your midwife says !

Just wanted to add I had those pains around 3 weeks ago pretty much persistent for nearly 3 days I couldn’t walk or sit still. Ended up going to the MLU couldn’t see a reason for it !

Last edited:
I was getting period like cramps maybe for a week before I had my little one. Turned into pains/twinges that kept my up all night until my waters broke!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->