"Craving" smells ?

gigglebox

My husband only makes y sperm
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm hopping over from the ttc forum to ask about this weird "symptom"...

Did any of you crave a certain smell as an early pregnancy symptom? I'm feeling crazy, but I really have the desire to smell cigarette smoke. I've always enjoyed it in passing but this feels stronger than that....it's hard to explain :shrug:

I'm going to feel so stupid when I'm not pregnant and just being completely insane...i had to risk it and ask though. Currently 8dpo. This just started today.

I completely understand this. When I first found out I was pregnant I would deeply inhale the smell of the freshly printed magazines we would get in the mail at work. Exhaust was another one that I loved, specially on older cars.

Thanks for the response Z :) I'm feeling so crazy! And if I'm not pregnant, I'm wondering why would be the cause...

It could possibly be some sort of vitamin deficiency that is making your body crave crazy things. Maybe start taking a prenatal just in case, even if you end up not being pregnant

I've actually been taking one for weeks :)

Then you shouldn't have anything to worry about in that category :D

If I don't take iron pills, I get pica really badly and craved the smell of rubbing alcohol with both pregnancies. Like at an obsessive level; once the craving hit, I couldn't think of anything until I smelled it. I kept a box of alcohol swabs in my handbag.

Swimmer, how early did that happen? Does iron help?

Now that I think of it, I was definitely like this with my first pregnancy too. I craved the smell of olive oil... I wanted to just bathe in olive oil and rub it all over my body towards the end.

Swimmer, how early did that happen? Does iron help?

Yes it did for me. Pica is an indication that you're body is lacking some vitamin or mineral it needs- it can manifest as desire to eat non-food items such as toilet paper or baking soda, but for me it was the smell. It was one of my earliest symptoms, maybe 6 or 7 weeks.

Z, i'm ravenously hungry and you've just made me crave bread with olive oil :haha:

Swimmer i'll be checking the vitamins and see their iron content....not worried yet as i'm not even pregnant that i know of. I'm thinking i'm just stressing feom this ttc business and consequently craving the smoke (i used to smoke maybe 5 years ago).

One of my 1st symptoms with both of my DD's was craving smells; cigarette smoke (can't stand it normally), paint, Mr Sheen furniture polish. I craved the same smells (and desperately wanted to eat paint) with my DS so I knew that it was a symptom for me :). Good luck!

:rofl: I'm sorry hahaha. It does sound pretty good though! Unfortunately for me this baby is super picky. He/she makes me crave carbs and sweets allllll day long, but anything with sugar, dairy or any sorts of breads make me sooo sick. The only things I can keep down without a stomach ache are veggies and meats that don't have any sweet sauces on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->