Cravings / aversions

Casey3

Reaction score
Has anyone has major cravings and aversions change like overnight. I'm 8+2 and for the past few weeks all I wanted was salt - chips, fries etc. And couldn't imagine eating sweets or veggies which I normally always want lol. But today I woke up and can't stop thinking about chocolate and candy and actually ate veggies without getting nausea. Can cravings just flip completely opposite overnight??

Haha they seem to change by the minute- craved grilled cheese, first bites were good but three quarters through it was suddenly Sooo unappealing I had to throw it out.

with both my pregnancies all I want is a tunafish sub from subway with pickles, black olives, and lettuce with a little bit extra mayo. That is literally ALL I want.....but it's tuna....so I can't have it T_T

I have the weirdest cravings in the history of the world. Yesterday I ate ranch dipped hot wing Doritos with vanilla ice cream. Seriously at the same time! But my cravings change almost by the hour. My husband doesn't know what to think he just says okay to every weird thing. But, he did hang out in the garage when I made myself a platter of creme brulee black olives and leftover cranberry sauce from thanksgiving. I'm like a cartoon character of a pregnant woman.

Early on I went from hating meat, all meat and then one day randomly all I wanted [and this went on for ages] was burgers. And I never was a burger lover before. Now I have gone right off of processed sugar [sweets, cakes, chocolates etc]... the mere thought of eating any of that makes me want to throw up but again early on I could have quite happily devoured a tin of chocolates which would never have happened pre-pregnancy.

Yes mine change daily! But the one thing that has been there since literally the day I got my BFP a week ago is an aversion to cheese - all cheese. Cheese has always been my first food love!! haha I am a cheese monster, especially cheddar, but for some reason it all tastes like mould to me now! I never in a million years expected that! xx

Meat is not my friend but especially if it's on a bone... seriously if I even see bones it makes me gag. I don't understand why but it's like it makes me feel like an animal not even human to have to deal with a bone... Aside from that I hate hate frosting or anything overly sugary or the smell of toast. And I am obsessed with granny Smith apples. Has to be granny Smith. My husband stared at me eating one and said I was enjoying it so much that it was starting to turn him on... :haha::haha:

I've been having food aversion in general. I can be starving but the thought of eating just sounds so awful. Also I've been doing better with light healthy meals. When I eat junk food it makes me feel sick

Hi HannanA, there is a forum on here specifically for questions like yours: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/press-research/

You should post there! Good luck!

All I want is apples, strawberry laces and lots and lots of water!

I do eat everything tho and as soon as I eat it, I love it, whatever it is! So different to my last pregnancy where I just wanted plain pasta, plain dry cereal and fries/chips.

Oh and Rei - you can have 5 tins of canned tuna a week. It's not the same as tuna steaks so go ahead and eat it!!! xx

All I want is sweets(chocolate) and spicy stuff. lol I used to love southern food but it makes nauseous now.

My husband's out getting Chinese for me right now, since that's all I can think about. Mmmm, general tso!

Last pregnancy, I couldn't eat whole wheat pasta. I'm usually fine with it, but it tasted revoltingly sour...

with both my pregnancies all I want is a tunafish sub from subway with pickles, black olives, and lettuce with a little bit extra mayo. That is literally ALL I want.....but it's tuna....so I can't have it T_T

You can eat tuna when pregnant :flower:

Milkshake, ice cold milkshake! Not fussed on flavour, this is odd for me as I can't even drink cans of Coke from the fridge, has to be room temp. I hate cold drinks, but now...MILKSHAKE MMMMM

I've got a serious aversion to any hot drinks but especially coffee!! Urgh just the word is bad :dohh: I get in a genuine rage if someone sits near me in work or on the bus with coffee.

Also stew! Or anything cooked in a slow cooker and food smells of any sort.

Cold cold water is amazing though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->