Cravings

Xpecta

Reaction score
I once knew someone who said that cravings in pregnancy was just an excuse to eat whatever you want.

Am I the only one who struggles with real cravings?

Like I can go kind of crazy, pacing, my body is just uncontrollable. I need that food that my mind has concocted. I thought that this person who said the above statement really never had a real craving. But maybe it's just me?

I personally aren't experiencing any particularly powerful cravings. That still means what you're feeling is real, and the friend who said it's 'just an excuse to eat whatever you want' is invalidating a lot of people's experience.

My experience was just I'd see a food picture or a recipe and immediately go 'I want that...' then forget 2 minutes later.

For the last week or so all i want to eat is red meat, i crave burgers and steaks etc and i feel like if i don't get it i may cry :haha: I have read though that craving a certain thing can mean your body is needing whatever it is in the food that your craving so for me i could be lacking iron possibly? So I'm going to get checked for that at my next appointment. I say if your craving..eat in modiration obviously :winkwink: xx

Ah. I kinda want to experience cravings just to see what strange things my body would want but I've had none at all. Just plenty of aversions. Still can't eat chicken at all. Everything else is OK now but I'm just not overly bothered by food. I eat because I'm really hungry, not because I really love food and want to eat something. Which isn't like me at all :(

Must be tough though, if it's so bad you must eat it. I think a craving is a real thing, before I got pregnant, I was a Diet Pepsi addict. If I didn't have my regular evening glass or two, I'd genuinely be miserable and grumpy! Morning sickness totally managed to break my habit of about 15 years!

Cravings are absolutely real. With DD I would crave cupcakes and waffles with syrup like it was nobody's business. I literally could not focus on anything else until I got them lol

Cravings are definitely real. With DD it was really salty foods, DS sweets. This baby has been very tame with me surprisingly! I don't get cravings where I want to die without it! :shrug: :haha:

I have no real cravings...my problem is that I really don't want any food because the nausea has been so bad so long I've forgotten that I used to like food. Usually I will have a slight desire for something in particular, then I'll eat it and I either am okay with it or don't like it anymore.

I more miss food...like stuff I loved before and can't eat now. I want real sushi. I want a good steak medium rare. I want a glass of wine. But don't have intense cravings for it. I'm glad, I am having issues with my weight gain, I'm happy I'd rather eat less for once in my life (I usually LOVE food and spend a lot of time planning and anticipating good food I'm going to eat and want to eat and eat and eat it).

I've never had any strong cravings. I can get in the mood for something but not any more than when I'm not pregnant. I kinda want a craving.. So I can have the delicious satisfaction, lol. I think they're totally real but like any pregnancy symptom, some have it and some don't.

Thanks for all your input! I guess I'm one of the weird ones that get super strong cravings. I've had it to the point where I cry because it's so strong. I get in an awful moods because of it. I haven't had it much this pregnancy but it did happen once.

The cravings can definitely be real! Especially when it's something you otherwise wouldn't have. In my first pregnancy I craved ice.. just plain old frozen water. It was very intense! Also plain milk.. I would wake up at all hours to have a cup of cold milk, which I don't even like and haven't had since.

Cravings are legit. Sometimes if it's a serious craving everything I eat tastes awful until I eat what I've wanted. The other day I was craving sauerkraut, everything I ate all day made my mouth taste like something died in it. Finally DH brought home sauerkraut and I ate it straight from the jar, pure heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->