**Crazy Alert**anyone done an opk, just for 'fun'!!!!!

D

diva2010

Don't have any hpts and AF is due on Wed. Just did an opk!! And got 2 faint lines, now I'm googling like some possessed person trying to see if that means anything!!!lol
Why do we do it to ourselves????
Why does ttc turn any normal lady into an obsessive, crazy, google mad wierdo (or maybe it's just me!!)??? All to get that come down when AF arrives!!! AAAARRRGGG:devil:

so your about to ovulate? when you get 2 lines.
I do the googling thing, it has all the answers and a great way to learn things.
I think the longer your trying the more looking up stuff you do to try and help yourself x

Well actually I heard that OPKs can pick up the pregnancy hormone too- I'm def not ovulating as I got my 2 dark lines CD12, just did the OPK to see what the result was- but apparently they can show faint lines all through your cycle if you have stronger ov hormones or something, so I'm not reading anything into it!! I'll start getting hopeful if by Thurs/Fri AF hasn't arrived yet!!!

Yeah they do pick up on pregnancy, although you cant use a hpt to detect o!

Hope this helps.

Don't have any hpts and AF is due on Wed. Just did an opk!! And got 2 faint lines, now I'm googling like some possessed person trying to see if that means anything!!!lol
Why do we do it to ourselves????
Why does ttc turn any normal lady into an obsessive, crazy, google mad wierdo (or maybe it's just me!!)??? All to get that come down when AF arrives!!! AAAARRRGGG:devil:
i did exactly same thing this month then af came 2 days early,soul destroying, i think mine was uti :growlmad:good luck to you tho :hugs:

i just read all about this today whilst on my google frenzy! lol

go to this website : www.peeonastick.com

hope this helps :)

then click on OPK as HPT (i think)

I'm not getting my hopes up at all with this OPK, it was really just to see!!
That website is great! I love how she says, 'if you want to do an opk just for fun' anyone who wasn't ttc wouldn't understand how this could be fun!!!
How long have you gals been ttc??
I'm going all out this month- CBFM, preseed, agnus castus, pregnacare, no coffee, no alcohol, drinking herbal teas- this is the most dedicated I've felt before actually!!Before I drank regularly, I even started smoking again for 8 months last year!!
What's your stories?x

We've been TTC for 6 months, very irregular cycles since coming off the pill, I was silly and didn't really keep note of them at the start.

We used CB OPK for the first time this cycle and manged to get my smiley face on CD20, going by last cycle which was 39 days, I would be due AF on 17th March.

I hope you get your BFP very very soon as I know we are not in the same boat but I have a very close friend who has been trying for coming up 4 years and have seen the affects it has had on her and her DH

GL

heehee you're tempting me to do one now, i'm due on wednesday too! and I know I have some opk's upstaires in the cupboard, and know that I ov'd earlier in my cycle for definate too, hmmmmmmm think I will LOL! :haha:

baby dust! :dust: Good luck!!!! :happydance:

HollieQ we're playing a dangerous game!!lol
I might do another OPK in the morning to see what that one says.
I did the other one this evening.

Lily, when I was at the 7/8 month mark I was actually more impatient and got more upset than I do now. I don't know if that's bcos I expect not to be PG now or if I'm used to the disappoinment. But if I'm honest, when we started trying, we weren't in the best place for a baby, moving house, changing jobs etc, we then went onto share our house and only since last August did we move into our own place, it's only got 1 bedroom tho, BUT... we're moving again in April to a 3 bedroom house so maybe then I'll get my bfp as we'll have loads of room for the baby!!! Fx'd!!!

NNNNNNOOOOOO!!!!

Do not put crazy thoughts into my mind!!! I have loads of opks upstairs and just a few hpts. I am not going to test with anything til wednesday!!!!:flower:

There was a very long thread about this on the TWW board last month but I couldn't find it... I think it can pick up HCG, but if you have PCOS or other hormonal imbalance it doesn't work so well. Good luck! I hope it's a good sign for you :)

Thanks for that, you have helped settle me a bit....You made me go and pee on a OPK last night haha don't exactly know what I should be looking for?!? LOL but it got the urge to go pee on something out of my system hehe

Ladies :flower:

Now obviously I don't want to get your hopes up too much but I want to tell you my story.

At 11 and 12dpo last month I took two OPKs, don't know what made me do it, just because I had a few CBFM test sticks left and because I'd read something about them turning positive if you are preg. These both had faint LH lines but lighter than the oestrogen line. I was having a few different symptoms so took another one on the morning of 13dpo (day before AF due) - that one was glaringly positive! Took another one later in the day and same thing! I was then very puzzled as I knew I'd ov'd a couple of weeks prior as had peak on CBFM and also had CD21 blood test that confirmed it. So I went and bought a pack of 2 HPTs - got my :bfp: :happydance: That was 2 weeks ago today :thumbup:

As I say, not wanting to get your hopes up but just to confirm that OPKs do most definitely pick up the pregnancy hormone too.

Good luck and :dust: ladies x

Ladies :flower:

Now obviously I don't want to get your hopes up too much but I want to tell you my story.

At 11 and 12dpo last month I took two OPKs, don't know what made me do it, just because I had a few CBFM test sticks left and because I'd read something about them turning positive if you are preg. These both had faint LH lines but lighter than the oestrogen line. I was having a few different symptoms so took another one on the morning of 13dpo (day before AF due) - that one was glaringly positive! Took another one later in the day and same thing! I was then very puzzled as I knew I'd ov'd a couple of weeks prior as had peak on CBFM and also had CD21 blood test that confirmed it. So I went and bought a pack of 2 HPTs - got my :bfp: :happydance: That was 2 weeks ago today :thumbup:
Good luck and :dust: ladies x
As I say, not wanting to get your hopes up but just to confirm that OPKs do most definitely pick up the pregnancy hormone too.

I actually don't know what I'm looking for! LOL I have the clearblue ones, you know the ones that show a smiley face/round circle, when you eject the stick there are lines that the leaflet tells you to ignore! help!! going crazy here! DH won't let me test yet, been disappointed too many times...
I am 10 DPO today, but on a long cycle so AF not due until 17th

Big congrats on your :bfp: hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"