Crazy question but...can cats sense pregnancy?

Bing28

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Im not crazy really...just my cat is acting different!

We have had her 4 years and she hasn't sat next to me or hubby since she was a small kitten!

Today I think I'm 9dpo and she curled up next to my stomach whilst I was watching TV and then again just now in bed! :)

Does anyone know if cats can sense pregnancy in humans or am I just reading too much into it! Haha! Xx

I have no idea. But cats are pretty intuitive and have amazing senses of smell, so I would not be surprised at all!

My non-cuddler has been GLUED to be lately.
We just had a 2 hr nap cuddling on the couch together!

You are not the first one to say this. Last month someone else also posted about their cat acting differently. Do a search and see if you can bring it up.

Our cat knew before we did.
She would follow me, she would sleep right next to me - I'd lived in the same house as her for 5yrs and she never sat with me or followed me... I found out a bout 2 weeks later that I was expecting.

Mind you our male cat did this last cycle - nothing.

Very strange, I was looking for info on this a few days ago as my own cat was doing the same thing and still is :haha: Anyway af came so I am not pregnant but my hormones seem to be all over with things happening that do not normally at different times in cycle, so wondered if she can sense hormones or maybe it is a smell thing. Saying that the weather has suddenly changed and maybe my cat is just after warming up :haha: I do remember my sisters cat would not leave her alone when she was pregnant, it was like she knew.

Well I got cuddles on the sofa from my cat AGAIN tonight whilst watching The Great British Bakeoff! #FeelingSpoilt

Took a HPT but BFN (only 10 dpo though so hopefully too early)

If I get my BFP this cycle she is getting lots of treats! :)

I'm nearly 21 weeks pregnant right now and right before I found out all my animals (3 dogs and 1 kitty) started acting different. It seemed to start like right after conception! My kitty was more of an outside cat that just came in for feedings and she started to spend more time with me and the dogs were even worse. My lab would gingerly lay her head on my stomach and snap at anyone who tried to be rough with me or my stomach. My Chihuahuas would follow me around from room to room, even not letting me go to the restroom alone! I found out a week before my period on mothers day :) and it all made sense. So I say yes, I firmly believe all animals are intuitive and cats most certainly can detect pregnancy VERY early :thumbup: !

Well I got cuddles on the sofa from my cat AGAIN tonight whilst watching The Great British Bakeoff! #FeelingSpoilt

Took a HPT but BFN (only 10 dpo though so hopefully too early)

If I get my BFP this cycle she is getting lots of treats! :)

I hope you get your bfp bing :) You could hire your cat out as an early pregnancy test :haha: My cat is still trying to get under my skin, currently kneading me! I do think they is something in it, though my cat has got it wrong :haha:

3rd night in a row of cat cuddles on the sofa. She was so antisocial before this week...I could get use to this friendly version of her though!

Will be testing again tomorrow (12dpo) with fmu.

X

Please update if ms kitty is indeed sensitive to the new life w/in you.

If you watch homebirth videos, even when the mom does not make a sound, all the companion animals in the house inevitably wander into the room as baby is crowning.

Our animal friends have intelligences foreign to us indeed...

Tested yesterday and still BFN! :(

Testing again Sat morning.

I didnt get any cat cuddles last night though so now thinking it could just have been turn in weather and cat wanting some warmth!

Will keep you updated.

I don't know about cats but whenever I ovulate my dog wants to be closer to me, I think she can sense it, she also gets very upset with hubby getting close to me around this time. We have to lock her out the bedroom so we can BD, if we dont she tries to push him off me and barks alot!lol. any other time of the month she is fine. just ovulation time. Im iterested to see what she does when I get my BF :)

How can you have sex infront of your dog! lol. That's hilarious.

How can you have sex infront of your dog! lol. That's hilarious.

She sleeps in our room on teh floor in the courner, usually she jsut curls up and goes to sleep, but not during the crucial time apparently! not sure why, but she does not like hubby near my dureing ovulation time, shes a good OPK!lol

No your not crazy at all! We have a siamese cat that knew long before us. He was always very independent and never really came to be stroked much but as soon as I was pregnant I couldn't move for him! I would trip over him constantly because he followed me everywhere. He even followed me across town when I was taking my other children to school which he had never done before. Whenever I got up, he would get up to follow me . . . even to the toilet. If I locked him out the bathroom he would go crazy on the other side of the door to get in. It was just bizarre!!! :wacko:

Good luck and I hope your cat is right :thumbup:

Well AF showed up this morning 1 day late so think my kitty must have just been cold and wanted some cuddles with the change in weather!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->