crazy toys....what were they thinking

BrEeZeY

stay at home wifey&&momma
Reaction score
i saw Terah's link bout 10 ways not to read your toddler and on there about

What were they thinking, ridiculous toys!!!

https://blogs.babble.com/toddler-times/2011/10/14/what-were-they-thinking-the-most-age-inappropriate-toddler-gear/?pid=1269#slideshow

i cant believe these are actual toys and or toddler items period!

Makes me worried about what things will be like when Rileys my age :(

:shock: Agree with Shanny .. things are already bad now at our age, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when LO's our our age :nope:

is it awful I don't think the soft heals are that bad? they are for 0-6months (quin like never wore shoes then) so they probs would just be for pictures or because they look funny. I dont think thats awful
I also like the breastfeeding doll! when I had dolls when I was little they always had bottles to feed what is so wrong teaching a child breast feeding is how you feed a baby?
also the baby wee wee doll is a bit odd but i have seen a soft doll on bnb before that has boy bits . I rather quin see that then pull off some pants of a doll for nothing to be there? sorry humans don't look like that.

hmmm.. I dont know what to think of these toys. They can be a good thing and a bad thing.
I do agree with Rome about the breast feeding baby doll.
Funny thing is we just had a discussion about toys like that in my class today

Some of these are shocking.
The breastfeeding baby, I was talking about this when me and mother saw it the other day. I don't really like the idea, it sort of freaks me out with the whole 'act like you have a baby when you are a toddler' thing, but then again, that always has done.
Having said that, I don't see too much of a problem with it, there are so many other baby dolls out there.

The poledancing one made me laugh :haha:

The breastfeeding baby, I was talking about this when me and mother saw it the other day. I don't really like the idea, it sort of freaks me out with the whole 'act like you have a baby when you are a toddler' thing, but then again, that always has done.
Having said that, I don't see too much of a problem with it, there are so many other baby dolls out there.

well I know lots of mothers who give their children dolls and strollers for them etc... how come that doesn't freak anyone out?

The baby/little girl lingerie is what puts me off the most. Wtf.
Breastfeeding doll, not my cup of tea, but I don't see the problem, little girls will play breastfeeding with their dolls anyway if they want to.
The baby stilettos, once again not attractive to me, but I don't think they are "bad" just....stupid and pointless. But then again a lot of things are lol.

well I know lots of mothers who give their children dolls and strollers for them etc... how come that doesn't freak anyone out?

This is what I was thinking lol. You know who plays with dolls? Little girls. Because they love little babies and like to pretend they have their own lol. They have baby doll high chairs, strollers, pack n plays, everything basically.

rome i do have to agree, i dont see a problem with the shoes, i mean (no offense cuz i would do it if i had a daughter) but look at the big flower head bands that are on lil girls, no pt jst cute

the breastfeeding doll i was kinda shocked

the doll with parts i can agree humans dont look like so why hide it, i would rather my child see it on a doll rather than in preschool when the lil boy on the play ground says "watch i can pee on that" lol (first time i ever knew there was a difference btw boys and girls was when i went to preschool and alil boy said that and was peeing on the sand box... i was mortified.. lol

I love twisted twee stuff! some of that stuff is completely stupid, don't have anything against the breastfeeding doll other than it's pointless since you could just use a normal one.

I actually don't see a problem with some of these toys. :shrug:

I am completely weirded out by the toddler lingerie. I felt disgusting just looking at those pictures!
The baby stilletos aren't outrageous, I feel like. They're basically like the little slippers I put on LO... It's not like she'd be walking around in them. I don't know, I think they're kind of cute. :blush:
The onsies about penis jokes etc, I see those in HotTopic and Spencers all the time. I don't buy them for my LO, but I don't have a problem with them existing, iykwim? It all depends on what the parents like.
The tattoo barbie... Some tattoo artists have children... maybe they just wanted the barbie so LO could be like daddy?
& I feel the same about the shape-ups. I feel like if mommy or big sister has shape-ups, LO may want to match them.
I'm not saying I would buy all of these for my child, I just don't see why I'd give a shit if someone else wanted to buy them for their children. Like the breastfeeding doll; I would never buy it for Aria, but I don't mind other children having it. If LO wants to 'breastfeed' her dolls by pretending that's fine, but something about her wearing a vest that makes 'sucking' noises would weird me out. She can just use her imagination. ;)

DH was looking over my shoulder, and didn't see a huge problem with some of them either.

Again, that's not ALL of them, just some of them... like that shaving doll? How strange! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->