crib bumpers?

laurenamber

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new here, and also a FTM due March 4th. :) I've been really into nesting lately, and our nursery is almost all ready to go! However, I've been struggling with our crib bedding and I'm not sure what to do about crib bumpers. I have read articles and it says they do more harm then good, but I just adore the way they look on a crib. We have a bassinet that he will be sleeping in for the first few months, or until he grows out of it, so he will most likely transition to his crib around 4 months or so and once he can pull up and crawl I would take the bumpers down.

What do you mama's think about crib bumpers? Obviously, when it comes down to the safety of my child I will do whatever is necessary, but I am just looking for some advice! Thanks!

Not worth the risk in my opinion.

After reading more than one first hand account from mothers who have woken up and found their babies dead after becoming tangled in their bumper, it just doesn't bare thinking about. A baby might get a bump from bumping their head or get an arm or leg a bit stuck through the bars but they're never gunna die from not having a bumper whereas babies have already died from having a bumper.

Exactly what hanni said. They are so dangerous. It amazes me places are even still allowed to sell them.

I wouldn't risk it. But I also wouldn't risk those "cute" crib sets either. We are only going to be using a fitted sheet in our crib. No Blankets or anything.

We used a mesh crib bumper and ds manged to pull it up or down and get his legs through it all the time. It really didn't do any good.

For our next one I'm not even going to bother. Like others have said the risk isn't worth it. And as far as the bedding set. They say a sheet only. No blankets or toys in the crib. So really they aren't worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->