Crib mattress fit?

k12345t

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this-- I finally bought our crib mattress & even though it is made for the crib, it seems like too much room on the sides. What do you guys think? I can easily fit two fingers between the end of the mattress and the side of the crib.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 50
Hmm tbh I am not sure, but I will be stalking this thread because my crib is coming today and my mattress was delivered yesterday.. I also was wondering about how snug the mattress should fit, which I'm assuming it should be very snug. I can't wait to finally do the nursery! :flower:

by the time you put the sheets on and tuck a blanket round it when tucking in the baby it will fill in the gap hun. Some are a perfect fit but others are harder to get a right fit. If you feel its too much of a gap then put extra sheets on or wrap a couple of blankets round the mattress making sure they are tucked in properly. It doesnt look too bad to me hun x

They do say that there shouldn't be more than 2cm between the mattress and the side of the cot :)

It looks loose to me. My mattress fits VERY snug - to the point where I almost have to pull the mattress out of the crib to change the sheets.

Compared to mine I would say thats loose (especially if its like that at each side). I have to shove the mattress down with a bit of force at the sides because its so snuggly fitted and like the PP I have to lift my mattress up to put sheets on. Im not saying its not safe because I dont know but definately look loose compared to mine. I dont think sheets would make a difference either as they are quite thin even if you use flannel ones. Whats the gap at the bottom where your foot is? x

Thanks for the replies everyone! Sunshine- the gap where you see my foot is at the front corner of the crib- the crib is square and the mattress corners are round, so it leaves a big opening there. I emailed Million Dollar Baby (maker of the crib and mattress), I'll let you know what they say!

Yeah i hope the manufacturer can give you some helpful advice. My crib mattress is very snug, no gaps at all. Sheets etc fit snuggly around the sides x

The mattress should be very snug with nothing on it it look to small to me

Here is what the manufacturer replied:
By law, a crib mattress is required to be no smaller than 27-1/4” x 51-5/8” when measured from binding edge to binding edge. Depending on the manufacturer and style of the crib, the inside can be between 27-3/8” and 28-5/8”wide, and 51-¾” and 53” long, so there can be some space between the mattress and the inside of the crib.

We are required by law to manufacture according to specific standards. Some mattresses will fit more snug than others depending upon the density. Dense mattresses are not able to compress as easily and would serve to fill the space between the crib.

Furthermore, all interior crib dimensions and mattresses sizes are strictly regulated by the CPSC. For such concerns parenting websites and blogs recommend the two finger test. The space between the mattress and side panel should not exceed two finger widths.

I was wondering if you had any luck in finding a mattress to fit your crib, I am now going through the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->