Crinone gel

Minno

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I am looking for some advice from those of you who have experience of using crinone gel. This is the first time I've used it and I'm not sure I'm doing it properly! There always seems to be a little bit left in the tube afterwards - is this to be expected? I don't feel it going in either.
Any thoughts/advice greatly received!
Oh and mine is 8% crinone gel from clinic in Czech Republic
Xx

Hi ladies. I am looking for some advice from those of you who have experience of using crinone gel. This is the first time I've used it and I'm not sure I'm doing it properly! There always seems to be a little bit left in the tube afterwards - is this to be expected? I don't feel it going in either.
Any thoughts/advice greatly received!
Oh and mine is 8% crinone gel from clinic in Czech Republic
Xx

Yep completely normal for there to be a bit left. On the pack I used it said that you will still receive the correct dosage. Just pop it in, squeeze it out and then bring it out before releasing your fingers from the squeeze part. No need to lay down after but I always did for 5 min if I could. After a few days you may notice weird colored clumps or discharge from it. That is normal. It comes out all different colours. Also in the shower, every few days, as gross as it is, try to clean out as much of the build up as you can. It had been well absorbed by then I was assured by my fertility nurses.

Thanks Jillie, that's so helpful. I will have to master my technique tonight lol! I've always used pessaries before and they are messy and fiddly little blighters. Didn't know what to expect with the crinone - my clinic aren't very good at explaining things - but I'm glad you told me about the discharge and clumps because that would have freaked me out!
Congrats on your pregnancy, hope the last tri goes smoothly and you are welcoming your little bundle very soon xx

Ps your ttc journey reads a lot like mine. I'm about to go for fet#2 on Saturday and have low hope of it working. The first one didn't take at all, and after two fresh cycles that did work but then ended at 5w. Really encouraging to read about your success with fet xx

Yes, completely normal to have a little bit leftover in the tube.

My clinic advises that you walk around after using it to ensure your absorbs the maximum amount of gel. Like Jillie said, it's also normal for it to clump, so my clinic also advised clearing any remnants of the old gel out every few days. Good luck! X

Ps your ttc journey reads a lot like mine. I'm about to go for fet#2 on Saturday and have low hope of it working. The first one didn't take at all, and after two fresh cycles that did work but then ended at 5w. Really encouraging to read about your success with fet xx

Wishing you all the best! Fingers crossed. Fresh never agreed with me. FETs were good. Amazing how different it is for every person. I used crinone in the am and pessary in the pm. Pessaries were so much cheaper but crinone were so much cleaner to use.

We are starting to let ourselves get excited about our next bundles arrival. Just hope I can last longer than 35 weeks.

Bundles? Are you having twinnies???? X

Hah no... definitely only 1 in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"