Crispy nappies!

enola

Brand new baby-led mummy
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

I've had a Google around and can't seem to work out what this might be, so thought it best to ask advice from you experienced cloth nappy users!

I've been very kindly gifted some muslins and liners, the liners I'd describe as a similar material to terry towelling. The liners have gone a bit threadbare - question number one is: will this effect absorbancy etc?

They were a bit crispy when I got them, so I thought I would do as every article etc. tends to suggest and pop them through the wash with a couple of capfuls of white vinegar added to the conditioner drawer. I don't have a tumbledryer, however my washing machine has an UBER fast last spin so they came out practically dry. I shook them out to fluff them up and then left them to dry overnight on the airer. Today they remain crispy! :shrug:

Is there anything I can do to avoid/help this (I'm getting some terry squares too and want to keep them as soft as possible) without the use of a tumble dryer please?

Thank you so much for reading! :)

What did you wash them in - as in detergent? I use bold 2 in 1 as this has the only softner that you can use without affecting absorbancy :)

What did you wash them in - as in detergent? I use bold 2 in 1 as this has the only softner that you can use without affecting absorbancy :)

Hi Vici, thank you for your reply!

I used a tablespoon of Fairy non-bio powder, and even that seemed to 'suds up' nicely, so don't think I'll need more :) Ooh I didn't know about 2 in 1, how much do you tend to use?

I read somewhere that quite often crispyness can be one sign of the first signs of retirement but i'm not sure how true that is as never experinced it myself.

I just use about a tablespoon. I use mainly pockets but i do use terries on a blanket when Imi is rolling around naked lol. They are not as soft as the pockets but OK as long as i shake while drying x

I was without softener and even when I dont use a dryer tings come out quite soft, well some are softer than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->