Criticize my diet, please....

Jaden42010

Reaction score
I am a diabetic T1 and I take a lot of care in what I eat. I would like to share an example of my diet daily. I would love for everyone to criticize my diet and pin point what could be causing my issue.

Breakfast
1 1/2 cup of 2% milk
splash of coffee inside
(sweetener)
2-Wheat toast w/ olive oil butter

Lunch
Chicken sandwich-No bread

Snack
1/2 glass of low carb Protein shake

Dinner
Salad
(lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado)
Serving of Meat, chicken or seafood

:hi:

Im not diabetic but that looks like a perfect well balanced diet.

I personally dont see any reason to criticize it:shrug:

Did your doctor say this way okay?

Hope you get some more responses, good luck:hugs:

Thank you. I am on a pump so it does a lot of my care on its own. I thought some how it would affect my chances of the IVF process, since my first round of meds was canceled.

Firstly, sorry you have to live with this condition - but you seem to manage so well. Have you thought about taking a prenatal vitamin, if you aren't already - this can help raise certain vitamin and mineral levels which help fertility. In addition, it's a good idea to make sure you're taking your Folic Acid while trying to conceive.

As for DH it might be worthwhile getting him to take a man vit - and perhaps some of the others listed here - particularly pycnogenol which can improve sperm quality:

https://www.natural-health-for-fertility.com/vitamins-for-men.html

A little dose of positivity and a lot of hope, plus a sprinkling of :dust:

Good luck on your journey

The quality of food looks good, but the quantity seems to be lacking. It doesn't seem as if you are eating a lot of calories.

I'd throw in another snack between breakfast and lunch. Also, I'd throw some extra protein on your toast (egg whites are excellent).

For dinner, I'd add extra 1/2 serving of protein.

Your diet is good, but I'd just throw in a little bit more food. Best of luck!!

Thank you everyone. I have up'ed the Protein. I just added a Prenatal Vitamin :)

Jaden,

How about some more fruit as snacks inbetween? Or do you have to be careful with diabetes?

Cx

Easy way to up your protein is to swap the 2% milk for full fat. It's good for you! Also, you have no fruit in your diet.

Remember, carbs ARE good for you and an important part of our diets. Just go for the good ones, like whole wheat bread and pasta rather than the startchy, sugary ones.

Try and eat more for breakfast, it should technically be your biggest meal of the day and you should also have two snacks a day. This keep your blood sugar level (important being a diabetic!) and also keeps your metabolism ticking over so you are more likely to maintain or lose weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->