Crooked butt crack??? Just got call from doc with results!

I wanted to post a message to all the moms who are potentially faced with tethered cord for an infant. At 3 months I noticed my daughter had a crooked bum (crease) and a slight redline with dimple. My ped didn't even see it during the exam. When I brought it to the ped attention it was sent right away to nuerosugery dept. This was extremely scary. The NS dept called and said they wanted to do an MRI on my daughter to confirm. After months and months research on this topic I quickly became an expert. The catch with MRI was that she would need to be sedated. This was also a concern. Nonethless, wanting her to have a full healthy normal life, I decided to go forward. After a very stressful MRI (having her sedated & tested) Nervous and anxious results returned NEGATIVE! She has no evidence of teethering or spinal concerns. My advice to moms: I was convinced she had it because of all the research. Stay off the internet (except while viewing this of course) and get your infant an MRI. The MRI is the gold standard, not ultrasound. It is better to be safe than worry! Wish you all the best. I wanted to share this to give others hope who are stressing just as I was. Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->