Crossed legs!

Kiddo

Reaction score
My friend who is a midwife has told me off for sitting with my legs crossed when I'm pregnant. (I mean one over the other on a chair, not like how you sat at primary school on the floor!) I keep catching myself doing it. I've sat like that for years so it's really hard as I don't notice it. Has anyone else heard of this?

Yes - if my poor pregnant brain remembers right it can stop your baby getting in the right position in the later stages of pregnancy and earlier on it restricts the blood flow to which can make you more vulnerable to varicose veins.

xxx

holey crap... I sit crossed legged (like how I sat at primary school on the floor) Lol, better stop with that :S

holey crap... I sit crossed legged (like how I sat at primary school on the floor) Lol, better stop with that :S

Not sure if that's the same - just make it a nice yoga position and Ommmmmmmmmmmm xxx

ommmmmmmmmmmm haha.

*puts hands together*

crossing your legs at your ankles/over knee? my friend said the midwife told her off for that but i didnt know why lol!!

You're at more risk of variacose veins and dvt when pregnant and just after tooand the leg pressing on the other leg can restrict the blood flow and circulation.

You'l definitely get pulled up for this while sat on the bed after having your baby....it's a hard habit to break:dohh:

My MW told me not to do it cos it tilts your pelvis and causes back ache.x

That makes sense too I guess....especially if you have spd:dohh:

Oh dear... thats how I was just sitting better stop. It was getting harder and harder to sit like that anyway

I can't even cross my legs anymore. The belly seems to be in the way!

I can't sit with me legs uncrossed for more than about 5 mins, even at my desk at work I have my legs properly crossed (like yoga)! If not like that then I have one leg underneath me, people have told me off about it for years but I can't stop :dohh:

My friend who is a midwife has told me off for sitting with my legs crossed when I'm pregnant. (I mean one over the other on a chair, not like how you sat at primary school on the floor!) I keep catching myself doing it. I've sat like that for years so it's really hard as I don't notice it. Has anyone else heard of this?

I have never been told not to cross my legs! But, read it may make you get varicose veins in some ladies magazine.

Noo thats a great position actually. It's the only position I can sit in that keeps my fat legs from squishing bubs shoulders.
It's the casual crossed legs sat on a chair thats iffy.

mrs shine - I nearly always sit with one foot under me, even on chairs, it's the only way I can get comfortable. On the sofa or floor I always sit with my legs crossed "buddha style"! It's a great position for keeping your hips supple generally and even more so during pregnancy! Good to hear it helps get the baby in the right position at the end, yoga squats are good for that too. Keep your knees spread!

I hadn't heard about not crossing one leg over the other knee before though. I can't sit like that for long anyway, even pre-pregnancy, always makes my bum ache from taking too much weight on one side :rofl:

My mom has gross varicose veins lol, so I refuse to sit cross legged. I'm trying it right now, I don't think the baby likes it much honestly hehe..

Luckily for me it's uncomfortable to cross my legs now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->