Croupe?

CooCooCaChoo

Mother of 3!
Reaction score
It's about 4am and I've been up with my 11 year old son for a few hours now. He has a cough that I've never heard before and I'm on the edge of rushing him to the emergency room. He is coughing with every few breaths. He doesn't have a fever and his cough is not wet sounding, It is very dry and harsh. I even tried to have him stand outside in the cold crisp air for a while and I cannot really say if it helped. He doesn't seem distressed but does say he feels like something in his throat is keeping him from taking a deep breathe. I gave him a breathing treatment at 9pm but its too early for him to have another. Does this sound like croupe? Isn't he too old for that? Any advice would be appreciated.

Croup in children is the same infection that is laryngitis in adults so it could be.

Croupe also sounds as if a seal were "barking" both my boys have just had a bout of it but it cleared up after a few days. Plenty of warm damp air, olbas oil and prop them up in bed at night helps. Hope he's better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->