crutches advice anyone?

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
hey my hips are so bad iv decided to give crutches a go to take the weight off any tips??! ive not had to use a pair before and ive got to go out in public tomorrow....

Ann Marie used crutches at the end of her other pregnancies with her SPD. She might have some tips hun.

x

awsome, not net at home right now so will ask her when im reconnected! have blisters on my hands! owwie!

I had them the rest of the time after 30 weeks.

Not really sure what advice you're after. Blisters on your hands are a pain and yours arms really ache. Also don't attempt stairs on your own with them and if you do make sure one hand is on the banister and the other is on the cruth. Sounds silly but I nearly fell down a few times!

xxx

Crutches! there horrible to use but will offer you lots of support in taking the weight off your hips.
I normally suggest getting some foam, like what goes around outdoor pipes to keep the frost from getting to them ( i hope you know what i mean!) from a diy store. This will give you extra padding on the handles because your palms will become really sore and bruised! Also be really careful and avoid using them on stairs, they can be so dangerous.
Im not really sure what other advice you would want, if theres anything you really want to know just reply and ill see if i have an answer! x

I normally suggest getting some foam, like what goes around outdoor pipes to keep the frost from getting to them ( i hope you know what i mean!) from a diy store. This will give you extra padding on the handles because your palms will become really sore and bruised!

You could also invest in some cycling gloves if your hands get really sore.

i had to use them for the last month cause spd was so bad.. the foam is a very good idea.. i got some for the last two weeks and it was a lifesaver..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->