crying during feeding

T

tinytoes

is this normal?

He doesnt seem to enjoy anything other than fruit purees. He used to accept carrots and sweet potato but no more. Unless I mix it with apple and then he'll accept some..
We've been weaning for 6 weeks now and after 3 spoon fulls of veges or cereal he'll start crying and getting really bored and upset.

I worry that he'll find feeding time stressful if I keep trying to give him things he doesnt like, but i cant just give him fruit and baby rice can I?! And I have to change the fruit a few times in each meal or he'll get bored and also get upset.,..

I wanted him to enjoy meal time..I wanted to enjoy meal times....its becoming stressful to get more than half a jar into him.

I worry that because he's coughed and swollowed too much at times that it's put him off or something.
He wants to hold the spoon so maybe he'd be better with finger foods but he's too little yet isnt he?

How do you make meal time fun?

Sometimes I sing to her if she's being cranky but we really haven't had many problems with her accepting foods. But Hannah rarely eats more than 1/3 of a jar, I always put some in a bowl and give to her and store the rest in the fridge. If she wants more I'll give it to her but most days that's more than enough for her.

This is a very messy idea (put a binbag down first and get your Lo naked :rofl:) but you could put a small amount in a bowl for him to "play" with before you feed him. That way he'll see it's nothing get upset about and if he wants the spoon let him take it and if he gets it anywhere near his mouth priase him.

Lewis tries to feed himself, it goes everywhere but in his mouth, but he feels he's helping, then I get to give him a few normal spoonfuls afterwards, and so the cycle continues....

This is a very messy idea (put a binbag down first and get your Lo naked :rofl:) but you could put a small amount in a bowl for him to "play" with before you feed him. That way he'll see it's nothing get upset about and if he wants the spoon let him take it and if he gets it anywhere near his mouth priase him.

Lewis tries to feed himself, it goes everywhere but in his mouth, but he feels he's helping, then I get to give him a few normal spoonfuls afterwards, and so the cycle continues....

Thanks. i just read this, but funnily enough i tried a similar idea today. I cooked some veges (carrot and broccoli) until they were really really soft - almost falling apart and put them out for him to play with or eat if he wanted. It seemed to destract him and he actually ate 2 carrot battons. I also gave him a spoon to play with so he felt he was joining in and it worked - I could slipè spoonfulls into his mouth between his own attempts at getting the spoon in adn out of his mouth.
It was messy and the broccoli was mostly finger mashed and spread about but he was happy and so was I :)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->