Crying for no reason suddenly

Ecoden

Reaction score
I'm almost 37 weeks and up until now I've had no moodiness, crying, or feeling hormonal at all. Now all of a sudden I can pretty much cry on demand. Today I just burst into tears FOR NO REASON at my desk (luckily I work from home) and couldn't stop. I'm a little better now but still inexplicably emotional and don't know what to do to feel better. Anyone else experienced this? How do I make it better (besides giving birth)?

I can't speak from personal experience but, from everyone I've spoken to, you're completely normal. It's hormones, plus, come on, you're about to have a baby and that's no small task, it's a major life transition.

There was a viral video recently of a 30+ week pregnant lady and her husband...He was filming her while they were cutting up veggies and she was crying. Anyway, here it is: https://www.buzzfeed.com/abagg/preg...nal-she-cries-at-the-sight-of-her#.byWWxq240R

You're normal and your crying is LEGIT.

I can't speak from personal experience but, from everyone I've spoken to, you're completely normal. It's hormones, plus, come on, you're about to have a baby and that's no small task, it's a major life transition.

There was a viral video recently of a 30+ week pregnant lady and her husband...He was filming her while they were cutting up veggies and she was crying. Anyway, here it is: https://www.buzzfeed.com/abagg/preg...nal-she-cries-at-the-sight-of-her#.byWWxq240R

You're normal and your crying is LEGIT.

Oh that video made me feel so much better, thanks for sending it! That's exactly how I feel. Even when you know it's hormones you can't control it!

Yesterday I was trying to explain to DH why I was upset about his parents buying us some baby things and as I tried to explain why it upset me so much I realized that none of it made any sense at all. I love my in-laws and of course they want to buy their first grandchild some things. Finally I just stopped and said, "There's no issue I don't know what I'm saying." Anyway, I feel like a total insane person and I don't like it but you're right, there's a lot going on!

OMG I totally understand - only right now mine is uncontrolable anger!! And I work with 25 other woman so the freaking hormones fly around this office!! (and we have 2 guys... poor C and D!) I will just be sitting here and suddenly I am filled with RAGE! Or I am talking to an insurance customer service rep and find myself so mad at them and really they admitted to the error and are gonna fix it!! Times like those I just keep to myself as to not say something I will regret :wacko:

I had that with my first child. I am 36 weeks and had that a few weeks ago it stopped for now. But with my first it lasted until 2 months after I delivered. It will go away hang in there!

I had that with my first child. I am 36 weeks and had that a few weeks ago it stopped for now. But with my first it lasted until 2 months after I delivered. It will go away hang in there!

My sister said the same thing about it sticking around for a few months after delivery. It's encouraging to hear it goes away though. I'm hanging in there, just had myself a treat and that helped some!

I cry at everything now. Boyfriend looks at me wrong way and you would think he tried killing me or something the way I cry. Just started about a week.ago

OMG I totally understand - only right now mine is uncontrolable anger!! And I work with 25 other woman so the freaking hormones fly around this office!! (and we have 2 guys... poor C and D!) I will just be sitting here and suddenly I am filled with RAGE! Or I am talking to an insurance customer service rep and find myself so mad at them and really they admitted to the error and are gonna fix it!! Times like those I just keep to myself as to not say something I will regret :wacko:

Uh oh today I'm getting the anger at work. Tiny things are pissing me off. :growlmad: You're right it's more than anger, it's rage! Oh man I hate this... I hope you're feeling better. :)

No tips unfortunately. I was filled with rage and tears when pregnant with dd and am the same this time... Just cried for about 40 minutes because my hubby asked where the Sellotape was so he could wrap a present (pregnant thought process was... But I do the wrapping! So said that to him (already teary) and he said he'd so it so we weren't rushing in the morning which I took to mean: 'you haven't done it, you'll make us late, you always make us late, you don't do enough in this relationship or around the home, why are you a sahm? I have to do everything' poor guy!)

For me, as soon as I held Sadie, I felt all these nonsensical feeling fade away and remember saying saying to dh within 12 hours, "I forgot how normal I usually feel. I'm a nice person with nice thoughts again"!

You just have to ride the storm. Maybe try some pregnancy meditation apps to calm you? (They made me cry happy tears though!) xx

Aw, it's your body changing and getting ready to give birth.

I remember several weeks before I gave birth with my first I felt a lot of changes in my body and mood and my husband and I were eating dinner out and I just started crying during dinner. I didn't understand it and I wasn't crying about anything in particular, but I could tell my hormones were changing and gearing up for labor. Just ride it out dear. You are very close to giving birth to your little one and hormones shifts are just part of it!

I cried a lot for silly reasons during my first pregnancy. Postpartum it turned to rage and crying out of rage.

This time I'm more angry and even if I'm not yelling the other person can tell I'm trying to restrain anger. It pisses me off more when people call me on it. I'm hormonal and doing my best to contain it, and you're actually stating it...why? But lately when I have an overflow of anger I start crying...a lot. More than I've cried for a lifetime.

I also make up reasons for anger. Convincing myself that no one would come to the hospital with me, and that the people who are supposed to watch my daughter will change their minds at the last minute and it gets me really stressed and angry. I can't even talk to the people to reconfirm the plans because I do get upset while talking and they belittle the way I feel.

I've been like this for the past 2 weeks ish, I cried because my microwave meal had egg in it (I'm allergic to egg)!
I cried because we ran out of soap powder!
I cried because my son was having a tantrum (18 month old)!
I cried because dh was being nice to me!
I also cried because workmen were digging up the road outside our house and it clashed with ds nap time!
Roll on giving birth and we can get back to normal 😂x

Perplexed - I am 100% there with you! I have already started getting upset because I don't think DH's Mom and her boyfriend are gonna make it, which will mean that MY MOM will have to watch DS1 and DS2 and so she won't be able to be in the room with me and I find myself getting all super pissed off at my MIL and she hasn't even done anything!
Also, I went off on my DH the other day over something "stupid" - you know, one of those things that is irritating but he didn't really deserve you going off that bad?? Then he told me I was being hormonal and that REALLY pissed me off but as soon as I called im an *sshole (I don't call my Hubby names even when we are fighting) I realized that I was being unreasonable and told him to give me a little time ..... *sigh* next think I knew I was crying because I don't like being so out of control.

I've been like this for the past 2 weeks ish, I cried because my microwave meal had egg in it (I'm allergic to egg)!
I also cried because workmen were digging up the road outside our house and it clashed with ds nap time!

LOL! "Because DH was being nice." I totally relate to that one. haha

LOL! "Because DH was being nice." I totally relate to that one. haha

Haha yeah it's not like he's usually nasty or anything but that particular time it was nice words and a cuddle, it was the night of the workmen digging up the road and I'd had enough 😂😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->