crying to get own way

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
callum wont stop crying if he doesnt get his own way... and dont tell me its cos ur giving in to him blah blah... seriosuly! if i left him all day he wud cry all day until i gave in!!!

im trying so hard to get him off his dummy, but omg i am going demented!!! seriously!!!

how old is callum? can u try a sticker chart , with presents if he stops crying when u tell him to, then he gets to go put a sticker and after 5 stickers u give him a treat. lots of little kids like this coz its positive re inforcement hes still gonna cry but he will soon learn that if he stops he gets something nice.

hes only 18 month, so this wudt work as hes too young :(

TBh Yvanne i think it is a boy thing!!!
Jack is a swine compared to how Emily was, and he will sream and scream something terrible, i sit him in time out until he stops and can communicate with me like a little human and not some screaming spawn of satan!!!

I strated using time out spot when he was around Callums age, you really have to stick with it though as they try and take the piss!!

I know its exhausting but i'm here been there lol

Think Seren is a bit boyish then lol as she was like this. I couldn't igore her all the time as sometimes she would cry and cry and ed up getting hysterical so I foud that distraction was good.If she wanted something and I said no, I would ask her if she wanted something else instead, i.e. if she wantedto paint I would suggest playing with her animals instead etc etc

I can sympathise Yvanne because when I was trying to wean Ky off the breast he was relentless and half the time it was easier to give in than stick to my guns. He'd try anything and everything to try and get some, icluding issesent whining - I imagine its like this with the dummy.
I mostly resorted to distraction...luckily he has a really short attention span and is distracted VERY easily....he forgets why he's crying half the time...the TV or something else will catch his attention mid cry and he forgets to carry on crying!
To this day though he will ask for milk (But he laughs when he askes now, like he knows the score but is gonna chance it anyway) In fact he asked me yesterday for milk when I was feeding the baby. He tried "Mommy milk - Last time?"...little monkey.

:rofl: Thats made me chuckle! Hes defo gonna be a boobie man lol!

Oh you wouldn't believe the performances we had....He would beg...I mean anything from "pah-leeese Mommy!"...."Moommy, a bit?" "Mommy, Ky be quick"........to full scale tantrums and just trying to rip off my top himself - Unbelievable! - I had to be really careful because he could get to my boobs in seconds (in the wrong top)...he was worse than a teenage boy!

lol Bethanie is just as bad recently, we keep saying "I thought they said it was the terrible 2's". I feel like the only word I say is "no" at the moment. I try supernanny's holding the arms and saying "no thats naughty" but she just hits me! (anyone elses hit?) can't wait until she understands the naughty spot one.

Just wondering, why don't you want him to have his dummy?

Oh you wouldn't believe the performances we had....He would beg...I mean anything from "pah-leeese Mommy!"...."Moommy, a bit?" "Mommy, Ky be quick"........to full scale tantrums and just trying to rip off my top himself - Unbelievable! - I had to be really careful because he could get to my boobs in seconds (in the wrong top)...he was worse than a teenage boy!

haha I love it. Seren keeps pointing at mine saying "all gone, boobie gone". I hope she is talking about the milk and not the fact my rack has somewhat deflated since I stopped feeding. Should be interesting to see how she reacts to a baby feeding from there. I keep saying "these are baby's now" and she keeps going "no no no"

My best friend had aproblem with her son giving it up his pacifier as well. She would cut the end of it off, that way it would not give him the same sucking satisfation as it did when whole. With in a week or so he gave it up himself.

Try giving it to Santa?? I suppose it's hard for them.. it's their bit of comfort and suddenly you're saying no.

Try giving it to Santa?? I suppose it's hard for them.. it's their bit of comfort and suddenly you're saying no.

yeah my brother gave away his son pacifier to Sant last year ...Santa took it with him left a nice present instead and every time Alessandro would ask for the pacifier my brother Romain will say i am very sorry you gave it away to Santa remember? :)

Thats a good idea- giving it to santa. I was brought up without a dummy. Mum said everytime she gave me one (twice) I threw up.
The same is going to be with my child, my mum doesn't want me to use one and I don't have a problem with that as im sure she will help me come up with other ways to quiet the kid.

I can sympathise Yvanne because when I was trying to wean Ky off the breast he was relentless and half the time it was easier to give in than stick to my guns. He'd try anything and everything to try and get some, icluding issesent whining - I imagine its like this with the dummy.
I mostly resorted to distraction...luckily he has a really short attention span and is distracted VERY easily....he forgets why he's crying half the time...the TV or something else will catch his attention mid cry and he forgets to carry on crying!
To this day though he will ask for milk (But he laughs when he askes now, like he knows the score but is gonna chance it anyway) In fact he asked me yesterday for milk when I was feeding the baby. He tried "Mommy milk - Last time?"...little monkey.

I honestly think it is a boy thing. Hey, look how men act when they don't get their own way....not different is it?

My son is stubborn and doesn't ever give up when he wants something. And the whining, ARGH!

Let's talk about breastfeeding. Sheesh, he was 3 years old by the time it was all over and done with! (At that time it was only when he wanted to nap or go to bed) God, he was old enough to understand that I was going to buy him a toy if he stopped doing it. LOL It worked :)

lol Bethanie is just as bad recently, we keep saying "I thought they said it was the terrible 2's". I feel like the only word I say is "no" at the moment. I try supernanny's holding the arms and saying "no thats naughty" but she just hits me! (anyone elses hit?) can't wait until she understands the naughty spot one.

Just wondering, why don't you want him to have his dummy?

i feel his dummy is affecting his speech! he just grunts and points cos hes usually got tht blooming thing in his mouth!!!!

haha I love it. Seren keeps pointing at mine saying "all gone, boobie gone". I hope she is talking about the milk and not the fact my rack has somewhat deflated since I stopped feeding. Should be interesting to see how she reacts to a baby feeding from there. I keep saying "these are baby's now" and she keeps going "no no no"

Ha ha I'm sure its in relation to the milk thats gone!...hee hee had a giggle at the "deflated rack" comment!
-It was really hard when Frankie was first born because I'm breastfeeding her....I'd just got him to the stage where he'd ask for Juice instead of milk, then all of a sudden he was reminded I had boobs! - We went backwards a short while with it all, but slowly he did get that the milk is for the baby...I keep telling him the baby has milk not him because the baby has no teeth and he has teeth, which he laughs at, like ha ha the baby's got no teeth!...But in a few months time when she has teeth he might feel a bit put out! lol

i feel his dummy is affecting his speech! he just grunts and points cos hes usually got tht blooming thing in his mouth!!!!

I think boys are lazy with their speech anyway. Ky's never had a dummy - he wouldn't have one - and his cousin (a girl) who is the same age runs rings around him in terms of speech, vocabulary etc....He can say a lot more than he lets on...now and then he says sentences and words he doesn't usually say very clearly, but half the time he can't be bothered!....oh and isn't it typical how some things are so unclear, then he fell off his bike on Sunday and said the clearest "F$ck sake!" you ever heard!...and I'm afraid thats my fault :blush:I think I say it a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->