Crying- what to do?!

Lunaty

Reaction score
LO has been upset since a couple of days but generally i was able to sooth him enough to get him to sleep , he is just 4 weeks old..

Today has been hell

Midwife came to see him for his 4 week checkup this morning, mentioned i might wanna see a osteopath as he has cried constantly when put down.. but stopped when picked up.. this has only been like this since the last 2 days though

But since she left has been crying all day long no mater what i do.. he will stop only to feed but on the boob he gets fussy too and pushes himself off only to get even more upset.. :nope:

I tried burping him, holding him, walking, lying on his tummy/back/side..
Ive tried gripe water, gaviscon, pamol 2ml..

Tried the pram,he falls asleep after a bit but wakes up only to start crying again once stopped..

Only now at 9pm i managed to get him to fall asleep after feeding him again (my nipples feel like they are about to fall off because i has been the only thing to kinda keep him a bit happy) even though he clearly isnt hungry all the time..

Hisi cry sounds like he is in pain yet i cant seem to find out what is causing it..:cry:, he doesnt seem to have a fever, and i dont think he is to hot or cold..

Is there anyone who has an idea what this might be>?

great it's now 10pm and i can hear him stirring again !!!

PS called the midwife and she mentioned to bring him to the medical center if i get to worried, but when is it enough grounds other then crying to go in?

i didnt want to read and run so i thought i would just put that this sound like chronic colic..have you tried swinging him really hard? i have family whos little lad was like this constantly for 6 months, day and night...the only thing that would help was if he was really swung back and forth. you can get battorised chairs that do that for you when your arms hurt!

i hope he gets sorted soon x x

Is he ok when sitting up / lying at an angle rather than lying flat?

If so, it could be colic or silent reflux.

If you really are worried though, I'd take him in or at least call a Dr and have a chat. Is he feeding ok? Is he having wet and dirty nappies as normal? Is his soft spot normal?

He may be going through the 3 week growth spurt - in which case he really might be 'hungry' (or at least wanting to be on the boob) all the time... babies can become very clingy and cranky during growth spurts too. Add colic and I guess it would be a very hard time for mummy and LO.

If it is growth spurt - allow him to be on the breast as much and as often as he wants... and it should improve in 3 to 7 days-ish (but every baby is different).

Get down the docs to put your mind at rest. I went to see mine when Theakston was going through a phase and I was losing the plot and whilst he basically just said "welcome to parenthood", he had a long chat with me and was very sympathetic and reassured me nothing was wrong. I found our problem to be trapped wind so now we live on Infacol. If I stop, it starts again. We also put a rolled up pillow under the head end of his mattress because he started vomitting every morning and crying at night and the hv thought it could be mild reflux and it does seem to have helped.

Or it could just be one of those things! Hope things start looking up today xx

Have you tried a soother? This was a life saver for us. Babies get comfort from sucking and it may help your nipples xxxx

Well he woke up every two hours last night but at least got him back to sleep after a bit of grizzeling..

He doesnt seem to have that horrendous cry he had all day yesterday so i am keeping my FX it was just one of those days..

As for the grow spurt thing.. yeah i thought he had that a couple of days ago where he was cluster feeding non stop for 2 days.. i wonder if those spurts can come in multiple times over a few days?!

I am trying to make sure he is getting enough rest atm.. seeing to it he sleeps at least after two hours of wake time.. just so he doesnt get overtired again like yesterday.. specially with the whole family christmas thing.. :dohh:

yesterday he just didnt seem comfortable no mater what i did.. today he is a bit better, i just hope he will be fine in the afternoon too as thats when the trouble started yesterday..

Cheers girls, your responses are much appreciated..:hugs:

Have you tried a soother? This was a life saver for us. Babies get comfort from sucking and it may help your nipples xxxx

Yes i d have one, and on the occasion we use it he sucks happily on it for a while though yesterday he would have none of it.. i couldnt ply his mouth open if i wanted to and when i did get it in he spat it out as soon as i let it go :dohh:

i dont know but didnt want to read and run, i hope you find out the cause soon. Keep getting onto the health proffesionals about it to make sure they are aware of it and aware of how concerned you are about it is my advice.

Well i thought i got him off too sleep but he woke himself up again after not even 30 min... :( to be fair he wasnt wrapped properly.. but still.. he is crying again too..

Bloody hell this is gonna be a marvelous christmas :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->