Csa dna testing

hr0328

Reaction score
Hi all,

I contacted CSA on the 19th February, my sons father got in touch with them on 6th March and denied parentage so they are arranging a DNA test. I phoned them 10th March just to make sure that he had actually phoned them as he's been a bit of an arsehole about things and they asked me a couple of questions about our relationship, agreeing to the test etc.

Now the father has said that when he spoke to them they said they would send him a letter, he is unsure of what this letter is or if he is he isn't telling me and when I called CSA they just said that they would be in contact with him to ask the same questions to him and then get the forms sent to the DNA people. They have said they have tried phoning him again but haven't reached him, while he has said that they haven't and I don't know why he would lie as he has already spoke to them and given them his details etc.

I know CSA aren't exactly the best so I'm just wondering has anyone done a DNA test through CSA before? I know that they send the stuff to the DNA people and then they get in touch but what happens before that as CSA don't seem to be able to tell me much and my case worker has never been in touch directly? How long does the whole process take? They did say to me it could take 40 days or less but I just don't know what to make of it all? I hate waiting about.

Thanks.

I'll tell you what happened with my dd1, all cases are different though.
My dd1s dad refused to contribute, so I had to go through csa. He said he wasn't the dad despite us being in a monogamous relationship for 3 yrs and him knowing he was. Csa offered him a DNA test, he kept ignoring the csa after they offered him this.

In the end, they assumed he was the father as he refused to cooperate, and went for a deo (where they take the money straight from the wage)

If your ex knows he is the dad, I doubt he will go ahead with the test as it It will cost him money. He sounds he is just stalling for time like my ex did. Your claim will be backdated, so he isn't saving himself money.
The csa can be slow, but keep on at them and tell them it's causing financial issues if it is. The csa know when someone is giving them the runaround, and they can tke action.
Good luck

It's a very complex situation, I didn't find out till late in my pregnancy so it could be 1 of 2, though my son looks like the man in question so I can see why he would go for the DNA and not think he was his. However, we tried to do one before and he got a friend to do it so this is the only reason we've gone for CSA to do it properly. He has a gf/ex-gf whatever and she keeps on at him from what I can tell and I don't think his family would let him ignore it for too long. Tbh, I don't think he would've got back in touch with them to deny parentage if he wasn't planning on going thru with it. I call them like every week haha I think they've getting annoyed with me! It just sucks its a different person every time cause one person says one thing and then another says something else so it's very annoying! Thank you x

Well they should chase him up to get the DNA test done of he is slow getting in touch. I do remember I had a set group of people who dealt with my case. They were actually nice and helpful.
If you don't get anywhere with he csa, you can always contact your mp-this soon kicks them up the behind in my experience. That's way ahead though. Once he takes the test and it's confirmed, they will get on with working out how much he has to pay.
Don't feel like your bugging them-continue to call weekly x

They already told him it's like 30 quid or something but I don't even want it, this has only gone to CSA so he knows that he's my sons father. Yeah I've heard about the MP thing but I've not been waiting that long, just so impatient after everything that has happened x

don't worry about bugging them, they're slow so you kind of have to! it's also slow for the men too which is majorly annoying - it's taking weeks for them to reduce my DH's payments now that we have a LO and it took them 4 months to get the new payment set up when he changed jobs despite multiple phone calls :grr:

anyway, if I remember correctly it took quite a while to get the DNA testing done even though he wasn't stalling, he had to go to the drs surgery to do that then the MOB had to do that also. once that was done it didn't take too long for the results to come back - maybe about a month at most? it was quite a while ago so sorry for being vague! I think he first heard from the CSA in February and he contested it straight away and he got the results of the DNA test in the middle of may.

Oh gosh! Hope it doesn't take that long!! Some people seem to have better luck than others though and I'm quite pushy lol! His exgf/gf/whatever they are just now is due a baby in May and really want it sorted before then so it doesn't get put to one side cause of their happy family etc. Will probably phone them tomorrow, see where things are at the moment cause I never seem to hear from my case worker - They were good at the beginning but as soon as the claim was properly opened and they'd found him in the system it's just gone so sloooooow!

yeah it seems to be that way! I'm sure they took no time at all chasing my DH up in the first place but then after that it took forever. he was a student at the time but also worked and it took them MONTHS to 'investigate' what he would have to pay, I think it was november before he even heard from them again (after may!) to say how much his payments were :wacko: and he was 100% cooperative! god knows how long it takes to get things sorted with men who aren't.

I know it's such a pain in the arse but just keep pestering them! :) although they can be a bit shit we're lucky to have them because there's not really any other way to pay without opening up some form of communication which is not happening in our case, ever! and for you there's no other way to definitely get the DNA test done :) it'll be worth the wait to have it sorted!

Haha well luckily they found him easy enough cause I had most of his details and he gave me other stuff. As much of an arsehole he's being making me go thru CSA he wouldn't of contacted them in the first place if he wasn't going to do it so he's kinda being co-operative. We only talk if it's about CSA and he's adamant that they haven't been in contact since the first time he phoned. It's just annoying cause the guy I spoke to said they were due to phone him on the Monday or the Tuesday last week and it's clearly not been done.

I'm so impatient it's a bloody nightmare lol! Yeah I know, I've waited long enough for him to find out, what with him messing with the first test we did so I guess I can wait a little longer but we just argue about it constantly and it's stressful.

I forgot to say in reply to your earlier post - I can't believe he got his friend to do it! :shock:

and I would be impatient in your position too, I like things to be done fast :haha:

Oh I know, it's cause he didn't want his gf to find out etc cause he just cheats on her constantly. Had another kid a few years ago when he was with her as well... Three babys, three different woman and he's only 22... Great catch!!

Hopefully it only takes the 40 days the guy said, I just need to keep pushing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->