Csection Mums, will you VBAC or Section again?

TheNewMrs

Reaction score
Just wondering?
Part of me feels like I cheated labour, as I didn't eve experience any contractions, I took an ecclamptic fit and she was delivered within 2hrs!

Reading posts from Mums who've delivered naturally makes me cautious of going VBAC if we decide to have another. Some how the section doesn't seem to have been that bad!!

Then another part of me wants to experience giving Birth the way (I believe) God intended it to be??

What are your thoughts?

I would love a VBAC water birth, but I'm not sure it will ever be possible :(

I also would love a vbac water birth, and at home! I would never consider a c-section just because I had one already (obviously if lo's life is on the line I will).

My first LO was c-section, then was going for a vbac (20 months after first LO)

All was going great til at 36 weeks I was diagnosed with obstetric cholestasis so they wanted to deliver baby early, and by c-section, which we had the following week.

:flower:

CS for me. I had a traumatic EMCS. I don't want to go through the same next time. I have very narrow pelvic bones, I didn't dilate or have any contractions after 3 inductions.

Next time I will go for elective xx

I fly like such a failure after my section that I wanted to definitely have a vbac next time. I felt like less of a woman because My body can't do what it was made to do blah blah blah.

A few months to mull it over though and I'm a bit more cLear headed about it. I'd love to try a vbac if it looks like I'm baking an average size baby, but if I'm having another monster I'll have a cs as I think I'd be setting myself up for failure otherwise.

I would love to have a vbac and experience labour and birth the more natural way if I can but I'm not sure it will be possible. I also had a c section after 4 failed attempts at induction. I am 7 stone 4, 5ft tall (or small!!) and LO was 8lb 7 born. I also felt no contractions and didn't dilate. If the next one's bigger as they often are, I have a feeling it will end up with another section.

I had an emergency c section so I went through all the contractions, my waters breaking etc and I was disappointed that I couldn't give birth naturally. Poor man got stuck :( but next time i would like to have our baby naturally - if we are lucky enough to have another! But I'd go with the medical advice. I was so close last time - pushed for an hour with no joy so next time i would like to try naturally. But I'm not against another c section x

I have a vertical incision now, so I don't get the choice. Any future babies will be csec at 36 weeks.

im hoping too to have a vbac- i had contraction but didnt dialte the midwife said my cervix wasnt even open only reason i had a section was because his hb dropped but fx next time i'll be left to my own devices and have them naturally

HBAC after EMCS. I went through all of induction and labour, just didn't get to push him out as ds' heart rate went up. Was told in theatre I could vbac next time!

IF and that's a huge if we ever have another baby (I've said no, hubby still wants one more), then I'd go c section all the way!

But I have experienced labour. With dd1 I laboured for 3 days which was awful, my waters went and I was in absolute agony. On the third day I was induced via a drip to try to dilate me further as my own contractions although very painful weren't doing enough. I was in sheer hell after that. I had an epidural which worked wonders for 6 hours and got me to 7cm but I got no further and was taken for an emergency c section.
My recovery from that was so easy.

With dd2 I elected for a c section again and I am so glad I did! It was the most wonderful experience. So calm. My husband wasn't apart from me for a single second. I was up and walking to the toilet later that night (my c section was at 11.54am) and I came home the next day after just 24 hours in hospital. Again my recovery was fantastic, no pain, no need for painkillers, I was able to do everything for myself and my baby, the only thing I didn't do was lift my eldest daughter and that's only because they said I shouldn't. I felt fine and could have easily lifted her.

I would opt for a c section again in a heartbeat. I was recovered from my c sections both times far quicker than any of my friends who birthed naturally and had stitches down below.

X

Elective section for me! If there is another time, I won't even be contemplating the IDEA of trying for a VBAC! Csection all the way for me!

My first baby was an emergency section with failure to progress and fetal distress. I made it to 7cm and no further. He was facing sunny side up.

With LO he was facing down so we thought things could go well this time so tried for a VBAC. HOLY HELL we were wrong, labour was 1000000 times worse and resulted in an emergency section from failure to progress. I made it to 4cm this time and no further.

I had an emcs last time and (like caz_hills) got to experience everything, natural labor for 30 hours(24 at home) , water breaking, full dilation, and pushing for 3 hours before it was decided to do an emcs. She was a big baby with a huge head (99th percentile! :wacko: )and was sunny-side up and the doctor said they were all laughing in the OR because when they opened me up she was just laying there looking up at them eyes wide open like ("finally! I was ready to get out of here!").

I will make an informed decision next time. If I get a c-section it will be better than last time because it was so much of a panicked rush with my daughter that it was the worst experience of my life (the c-section, not having her of course!) and if I am able to do a vbac (I will be having an ultrasound to check on size and position) then I have already been through everything except crowning and the final pushes which I have heard is ther worst part so I am pretty sure I can handle it. :)

I would personally like to do a vbac (especially because of the healing time after a c-section and next time I will have a kid to take care of too, not just a newborn!) but if there is any danger or the baby looks big again I have no problem with a planned c-section. :)

I had a traumatic EMCS after 52 hours of labour as i didnt dilate :cry: but im hoping for an elective section next time as i know what to expect but DH isnt too keen on it :shrug:

I had my heart set on a vbac,but it wasn't to be. The doc and DH where against it wouldn't even let me try,was so disappointed so next time I will not even think about it,csection right away!

I had an extremely traumatic EMCS last time under general and large blood loss but I still want to try for a vbac next time, I would love to be in and out of hosp the same day!x

I would love to VBAC in water but I doubt I will get that and have to be monitored in delivery suite. Ideally I'd love to HBAC!

Ive experienced 'labour' though but it was 36 hours of hellish induction labour before EMCS. If I went naturally I would VBAC if I would have to be induced again ( I had pre eclampsia) I would refuse and go ELCS.

I had a water birth vbac, it's was the most wonderful
Experience ever I was totally convinced on elective till I was 24 weeks and I spoke to a vbac mum, I decided to get a doula and go for it. My experience was amazinggggg I was the 1st person to gently lift my baby out of the water, he saw me and heard me and I watched him take his 1st breath, no lights rough surgeon or suction pipes down his nose, I walked out 5 hrs later without a single chemical hazing any of my birth, just a complete contrast to my eldest sons birth, I actually didn't realise I had hang ups over my c section till I had my vbac and then realised what I'd missed. I feel at ease now it was what it was but given the two birth vbac all the way again, my birth story is linked below xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->