Cup feeding and help !!!!!!

gumb69

No.3 on its way
Reaction score
Hiya

My lo is 12 weeks old. He will not take a bottle, well max 1-2 ounces that is all. He also has reflux and I syringe losec into him in the morning, then he has to have infant gaviscon three times a day with nutramigen formula. He has to go on this at6 months.
The paeditrician said to cup feed him as he won't take the bottle. She said a thin rimmed one.
Has anybody cup fed this young. I am pumping and all my milk gets wasted as he doesn't want it. It's not like I want to go anywhere but I train twice a week and I have to be back straight after, so it's only an hour twice a week that i get to myself, that sounds awful I know!! Sleeps 45 min cycles during the day and max 2hours at night before he wants another feed.

Dr said due to his reflux bf is best for him, so I am halfway through now. I had to come off all dairy as it was affecting him, and he has to start semi solids at 4 months.

Tell me to suck it up and I can do it!!!!!! Also what sippy cups have you used and experiences please.

Loooong post sorry!!!!

Look at the doidy cup, cups like that are what we used. We didm't cup feed very much or very often but my daughter refused bottles so we had this for a backup if for some reason it was needed. When she was older I would put my into a spoutless Sippy cup and just remove the rubber no spill part and that worked really well. We rarely cup fed so I can't be much more help than that. We really only cup fed at the start because of latch issues then later on we tried it a few times so i could be away for a bit and know she would be fed when i was gone if needed.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->