cupcakes!

mumj18

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I went to a cupcake making class last night and enjoyed it so much! I wanna start making some at home and I'd like some advice. I'll just be making them for me and OH really. What is the best colouring paste to get and where can I get it cheapest? Can't remember the name of the stuff the lady used but I'm sure she said it was like £3 for a teeeeeensy little tub. Also, I was doing my piping, getting on quite well then got to the end and when I pulled off to finish it totally wrecked my pretty little cake! What's the best way to finish piping without ruining your cake?

xx

TIA

Hi everyone!

I went to a cupcake making class last night and enjoyed it so much! I wanna start making some at home and I'd like some advice. I'll just be making them for me and OH really. What is the best colouring paste to get and where can I get it cheapest? Can't remember the name of the stuff the lady used but I'm sure she said it was like £3 for a teeeeeensy little tub. Also, I was doing my piping, getting on quite well then got to the end and when I pulled off to finish it totally wrecked my pretty little cake! What's the best way to finish piping without ruining your cake?

xx

TIA

To be honest I use the proper colouring gel but then my mum does do occasional cakes so uses it anyway so unfortunately can't help there.

When I did my course and even when my nan was alive as she was trained in that sort of thing I was taught as I finished what I was icing to press down with the tip slightly and release the pressure iykwim? Other than that practise. I've just got a batch cooling to practise and try a new flavour.

i dont do a whole lot of delicate piping, but re: colours, i use sugarflair. they are expensive for the quantity you get, but it is SUPER concentrated, you only need a tiny nip in a batch of icing! ive had my same tubs for over a year now!

I got a box of 8 tubs of gel (Wilton stuff) for £16 which at the time I thought was steep but I've used loads in the last few months and still have more than 3/4 of each left, the last ages!
As for piping, practice practice practice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->