Curious...

AlliCat

Mom of 1 Son
Reaction score
I am very curious about what breast feeding and pumping will feel like. Would trying my breast pump at this point be a bad idea, I am 37 weeks 2 days...? Obviously if it isn't a good idea I won't do it but curious if I could...

Pumping won't feel anything like breastfeeding, but if you're curious about what pumping would feel like, go for it. Nipple stimulation can stimulate labor to start, but ONLY if it's already ready to start. Remember that some women nurse throughout their entire pregnancies.

More curiosity and questions.....Had contractions for a solid 3 hrs last night... started about 1 every 30 minutes and then every 10-15 (with shortness of breath) minutes and then 3-5 minutes( also with shortness of breath). Called my Dr. and she said to wait it out and change positions and walk around, so hubby and I timed them as I switched positions laying down and then standing up and walking around. Of course when I stood up and walked around they started to spread out until they stopped. Haven't had any contractions today but am hoping that they pick up again tonight and maybe it will be time. Been eating a lot of spicy foods, walking a lot,having sex as often as we can, also bouncing on an exercise ball (any proof to this working?). I just looked down at my shirt and saw a drop of clear liquid near each nipple, this is the first I have leaked and am 38 weeks as of yesterday. Any predictions about when my son will be here? I am hoping labor starts very soon....

I don't know about the labor question but pumping could help toughen your nipples. That's a good thing to prevent too much soreness about the baby is born. I didn't have any breast soreness with either of my kids.

It's impossible to know when your baby is gonna arrive. My gyno told me it's God's way of showing us everything is on his time lol. Good luck and I hope your baby is here soon! I hope your labor and delivery goes fast and smooth!

More curiosity and questions.....Had contractions for a solid 3 hrs last night... started about 1 every 30 minutes and then every 10-15 (with shortness of breath) minutes and then 3-5 minutes( also with shortness of breath). Called my Dr. and she said to wait it out and change positions and walk around, so hubby and I timed them as I switched positions laying down and then standing up and walking around. Of course when I stood up and walked around they started to spread out until they stopped. Haven't had any contractions today but am hoping that they pick up again tonight and maybe it will be time. Been eating a lot of spicy foods, walking a lot,having sex as often as we can, also bouncing on an exercise ball (any proof to this working?). I just looked down at my shirt and saw a drop of clear liquid near each nipple, this is the first I have leaked and am 38 weeks as of yesterday. Any predictions about when my son will be here? I am hoping labor starts very soon....

I had nipple discharge like that since early in my second trimester, all the way until Violet was born, 3 days short of her due date ;). There really is no telling when you'll go into labor. Sorry! If they're regular contractions that DON'T go away, though, it should be within a few days. I had 2 straight days of regular, painless contractions.

I don't know about the labor question but pumping could help toughen your nipples. That's a good thing to prevent too much soreness about the baby is born. I didn't have any breast soreness with either of my kids.

"toughening" your nipples is a silly concept. You're nipples don't get tough!

"toughening" your nipples is a silly concept. You're nipples don't get tough!

Well thanks for your silly input but you are wrong. I don't mean tough like leather but it does help them handle being manipulated a lot. It means tough as in a verb. There are multiple uses of the word tough in the English language. Why is it that breast feeding causes pain in the beginning but a baby that is breast fed for 6 months ( correct latch considered) is not causing momma pain? It is because the nipples have become accustommed to being manipulated or toughened up. :dohh:

I guess I know that... It just seems that your body does a perfectly fine job of getting itself ready without any extra help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->