Curiousity - Hcg levels

carmen

Reaction score
Hi There,

I was reading lots of things on the internet and nothing gives a stright answer, so i thought i would ask all the girls on this site who have gone through a miscarriage maybe you know something about it from your doctor.

So here is the question:

Do your HCG Levels have to be under 5 or 0 , for you to ovulate or get your period?

Just had a blood test after my miscarriage five weeks ago and they are 4.2 , i know 5 and above are considered " pregnant ".

I need it to be abit clearer.

Hiya Carmen,

well, im not that much different to you so i did some digging and found your question useful for myself as well :)

Anyway, I can see what you're saying about the varying info online.. only thing i found was this..hope this helps..if any..

Usually, after a miscarriage (or pregnancy), HCG values will halve every 48 hours. We usually recommend not to become pregnant until the values are less than 5. That shouldn't take much longer. It is possible to become pregnant again once you ovulate. I do not know exactly when you will ovulate. However, once you get a normal period, ovulation usually occurs around 14 days later. Ovulation has nothing to do with HCG values. HCG, the hormone of pregnancy will continue to drop as long as you are not pregnant.

This is a doctor answering a woman's query similar to yours.

heres a hug, :hugs:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Don't worry Carmen, it can take a few weeks for the hcg levels to return to 0 after a miscarriage - especially if your levels were quite high when you miscarried. Like Omi says, the levels usually halve every 48 hours. Once they return to 0 it will be approximately 2 weeks until you ovulate again (however, every woman is different so it could happen sooner or later than that).

My best advice is to get some opks to chart when you are ovulating. I did this after my miscarriage in November and found that I ovulated 14 days after the bleeding stopped.

I hope you feel better soon.
xxx

[
Usually, after a miscarriage (or pregnancy), HCG values will halve every 48 hours. We usually recommend not to become pregnant until the values are less than 5. That shouldn't take much longer. It is possible to become pregnant again once you ovulate. I do not know exactly when you will ovulate. However, once you get a normal period, ovulation usually occurs around 14 days later. Ovulation has nothing to do with HCG values. HCG, the hormone of pregnancy will continue to drop as long as you are not pregnant.

This is a doctor answering a woman's query similar to yours.

Thanks Omi for digging around that seems to answer my question directlly and they ares aying that you can become pregnant with levels under 5. Which means you must start ovulating or menustration when levels are so low.................:happydance:

I think we are on the same recovery path now, omi :hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Don't worry Carmen, it can take a few weeks for the hcg levels to return to 0 after a miscarriage - especially if your levels were quite high when you miscarried. Like Omi says, the levels usually halve every 48 hours. Once they return to 0 it will be approximately 2 weeks until you ovulate again (however, every woman is different so it could happen sooner or later than that).

My best advice is to get some opks to chart when you are ovulating. I did this after my miscarriage in November and found that I ovulated 14 days after the bleeding stopped.

I hope you feel better soon.
xxx

Hi Poppy,

Yeah i ve just read that soon as your levels are lower than fine, which is considered the non pregnant stage, and also some of us have a natural amount of Hcg in our bodies but very low. But when under 5 that is when teh chain starts again. And some people will get it 2-4 weeks after. I hope two weeks but i'll keep ya's updated.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->