Cushie Tushie Fitting problem

Mynx

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!
Reaction score
I'm starting a new thread about this as there was some advice given in the Trade and Sell thread but I didnt want to clog it up with questions about this!

Anyways, my dilemma is much the same as alot of mums who use CT nappies. I just cant get the snaps to fit right on Evie. I was given some great advice (thanks again Rachel_C!) on snapping the poppers up slightly differently and altho this works great on my Ebay Cheapies (yay!) it hasnt worked properly on my Cushies :( I'm gutted as I avoid using them atm because of the fitting problems, and I have 6 of them!

See, the problem is that Evie is in between popper sizes and also has lovely chunky legs and belly but quite skinny hips so this makes it impossible to get a good fit with poppers! If I do the nappy up to fit her hips, it's appears too tight across her belly and pinches her thighs. If I do the nappy up to fit her belly, then it's too loose for her thighs and I get leg gape. If I do it up to fit her thighs then I get wing droop. I cant seem to win!

I've tried googling the problem and altho it seems to be a common issue with Cushie Tushies, I just havent found a solution yet!

Gaaahh! :hissy:

Same problem with Leo with my WN :cry:

If only there was a way to get extra snaps on the nappies!

I know its so infuriating - if Leo is anything like nicola he will be whipping the velcro ones off soon.

Gah its so infuriating

If only there was a way to get extra snaps on the nappies!

I think this would be possible if you have, or know somebody who has, one of those pairs of snap pliers and some snaps. I tried the snaps I have and the ones Cushie Tushie uses are standard kam snap sizes (can't remember if I have size 16 or 20, whichever is the standard size for nappies and I can find out for you) so it would be easy to source the extra snaps. My suggestion would be to add an extra snap to the wings so there are three, allowing you to fasten the waist tighter without getting wing droop. The problem with doing that would be that when you are later only needing to use the original two snaps because LO has grown, the new snap would be exposed on the inside. That side of the snaps is quite sharp - you wouldn't want it touching LO's skin. My solution to that would be to add the other side of the snaps on a little fold down flap inside the nappy, which you could then use to fasten onto the exposed snap and make it flat. I *think* the itti tuttos have something similar on them, although I haven't seen them, just read a bit about them.

Not sure if that really makes sense, here's a picture. The pink bit is just to highlight the areas you'd change, it's not part of the design!
https://www.moohouse.co.uk/personal/poppers.png

that diagram confuses me!

I had a bad fit with cushie tushies so ive never ever used them again, annoying cos theyre so soft but ava is long and skinny and they just dont fit!

mynx did you try the fold? It really works, it was still fine and snug after 2 or 3 hours rolling around and spinning on his tummy :)

Rachel_C, that's a fab idea, I was actually looking at getting a snap press today lol! BUT, having thought about it, I think if I do it, it'll be as a last resort :flower:

DM2, I gave the fold a try but because there's only 4 places the popppers can go on the folded bit, it didnt leave much choice lol! I tried on the tightest ones and could even do it up lol and then on the outer 2 and it was too loose! It's difficult to try stuff out on the nappies with Evie at the moment cos she started crawling last week and she hates to have her bum changed now and will wriggle till I let her go lol! I will give it another try on another CT tomorrow :thumbup:
I did put my fave one on (cupcakes) her today, and did one side up tighter than the other and it seemed to work pretty well. Minimal leg gape and minimal wing droop, yay! When the CT is done up, all you can see is one unused popper between the two wing tabs (iykwim!) She had the nappy on for about 2 hours before she did a poo lol, but there was no apparent leakage from it so fingers crossed this will help.

The way that Rachel_C suggested in the Nappy Trade section has worked out brilliantly for my Ebay cheapies too, so I'm hoping that all is not lost for the snaps for me! I was determined not to buy anymore popper nappies because I prefer the Aplix but last week I bought 2 preloved WNOS :blush: I couldnt resist!!

i wouldnt buy too many aplix at her age, she will be able to undo them soon!
hunter is starting to crawl too (a little forward but mostly backward ans spinning on his tummy to get [laces) so he is just as wriggle atm so i know what you mean

It certainly makes nappy time more of a challenge now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->