Cutting Down On Milk?

KaidensMummy

My Wee Baby Boy Kaiden :)
Reaction score
Kaidens 9 Months Now So Im Starting To Think About Cutting Down His Milk? I Tried To Giv Him A Cup Of Baby Juice After His Lunch Instead Of A Bottle...But He Point Blank Refused To Take It ! I Didnt Want To Leave Him Hungry So I Gave In And Gave Him The Bottle! Any Ideas On How I Can Wean Him Off The Milk? x

I don't think you should really be weaning them off milk until they're at least 1 year old, at least that's what I've been told.

That's what I've been told too. Their milk intake will decrease once they're on larger amounts of solids, but they should still be getting 500-600ml formula a day (or breastfed on demand) x

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Your doing good with just the three bottles a day. Colton still wants 6+ a day. I think they are supposed to have 17-20oz of milk a day until they are atleast a year old.

I am struggling to get Dec to take the 500-600ml he only has 2 bottles a day but he has cereal 2-3 times a day and I make it with formula so I guess he is getting it maybe a bit more !!!!. You should keep him on formula until at least a year if you just want him to be off the bottle then just give him his milk in a sippy cup, I think Dec will be of his bottle within the next few weeks but I will still give him formula in a cup. Good luck hun xx

Aeryn is 14 months and on 3 meals a day + mid morning and mid afternoon snack.

At breakfast she has a bottle of milk (her only bottle now) with her cereal (which is mixed with milk) until about a week ago this was "growing up" style formula milk. We are currently in the process of moving her onto cows milk.

She has a beaker of water to hand all day and at every meal during the day.

At tea time I give her milk (again formula but moving onto cow) in a beaker after whatever she's eaten for her tea.

I do sometimes take a bottle of milk with me if we are going out and about (I use a bottle becuase she can feed herself in her pram whilst I run for the bus, a beaker goes everywhere lol).

I'd not be in a major rush to get off milk to be honest but if baby is eating well try and offer water during the day (and be strict! no bottle hiding round the corner just incase lol). It tastes crap compared to milk so might will take a while.

He'll let you know when he is ready, just go with the flow... :)

Good thing about waiting until one, you can go from formula to milk :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->