cutting out dairy? advice needed..

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
dairy has never really agreed with me.. i was diagnosed as Milk Protein Inrollerent when i was a baby but the drs told my mum i would grow out of it, my mum started giving me dairy in small doses when i started school (so around 4yrs old) ive never been a big milk drinker.. i dont have milk in my tea etc but i do eat cheese, yoghurt etc. whenever i eat/drink lots of dairy (for example cauliflower cheese for dinner and then a yoghurt for a snack later in the day) my tummy feels all dodgy and its not good at all on the loo (tmi!)

my kids dont eat dairy as they are intollerent to dairy too but they have meaty meals to make up for some things that they loose out on whereas i dont...(im not a 100% veggie but i dont eat meat that often...about once a week if im out with family/friends or at somebodys house?)

sooo... im thinking of cutting out dairy. is their anybody else who has done this? how do you have a balanced diet? any info/experiences would be greatly appreciated!

i know youre not veggie but i found this

Vegetarians lack calcium in their diet
With concern over bone loss, not getting enough calcium is a real concern to many people. However, what they fail to realize is that high animal protein diets tend to leech calcium from bones while those who eat a vegetarian diet can actually eat less calcium because they don't have to fight the effect of animal protein on bone health.

and the things that you can eat to get calcium

Unfortunately, many people think the only source of calcium is found in dairy products. However, vegetarians take in calcium from soy milk, but what many people don't realize is that most fruits also contain some calcium. Here are a few other plant sources for calcium:

Almonds
Artichoke
Asparagus
Broccoli
Carrots
Kale
Lima Beans
Peanuts
Peas
Pecans
Spinach
Walnuts

my husband is dairy intolerant as well as archie , he does eat meat though and i made sure he eats plently of these, he wont even drnk soya milk

hth x

I don't have milk or cheese or yogurt I drink rice milk with added calcium soya cheese soya yogurts x

Almond milk tastes awesome too Tezzy.

Oranges are also a good source of calcium. You could, of course, just take calcium supplements. You're supposed to anyway if you don't drink milk to ward off ostioprosis or however you spell it when you're older

thanks girls, im doing my grocery shopping on wednesday so will look out for everything you girls have mentioned :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->