Cycle experts! Question about BFP and DPO

MommyJogger

Reaction score
So I know (think?) my ticker is incorrect. It's by LMP, but I'm still breastfeeding DS1 and my cycles are incredibly long. How many DPO is is reasonable to get a BFP? Since I never had regular cycles post partum, the ob isn't going to see me until I'm 13weeks by LMP regardless of how many positive tests I've taken, but I'd like to have an idea of how far along I actually am. Is it reasonable to estimate a "proper" LMP as two weeks before my most recent EWCM?

I'd just tell her what your LMP is. I'd personally rather get in there at 10 weeks and have her be able to tell me I'm 10 weeks, than make an assumption about how far along I am, then find out at first visit I'm further.

If your testing daily I'd say most women would see a first BFP between 10 and 14dpo.

With DS I hadn't had a period since before DD was born so no LMP at all. I just told them ovulation date and went with that. After scans they adjusted date. This time my LMP would put me a lot further ahead than ovulation. Again I told them ovulation dates.

If you were not temping or using OPK's I'd stick with your proper LMP and wait for your scan.

When I called to make my first appt. I told them straight off that I have irregular periods but that I was temping/using opks and that I knew when I ovulated. They gave me an appt. almost 4 weeks in advance. I went in thinking I was about 7w3d and they thought I was 12 weeks based off my LMP, but I was actually 6w4d. It doesn't matter, in the end, only baby knows their true gestation. Call and book an appt., they have to see you regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->