Cycles are a mess

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
We aren't ttc until after Christmas but I'm not using contraception as they cause migraines. I've noticed over the past few months that my cycle aretailer getting longer and longer which is starting to annoy, so I'm wondering if I should maybe have the coil fitted? The old style, can't use the mirena. It's been 6.5 weeks since my last period, I'm not pregnant and no sign of af. Grrr!

I have long cycles for many years, the worst over 11 weeks but lost count how long, my cycles very mixed up and the shortest just over 4 weeks. I found that when i started taking trying to conceive vitamins just before we planned to start TTC our 2nd that my cycles improved. Not sure if that's any help, if you are are already on any vitamins. Also i lost a little bit of weight and that made them improve a bit too.

11 weeks?! Oh my goodness! The longer they are the more painful the period is as I have endometrial adherence to my bowel. I do take vitamins as I have certain diet restrictions and take medication. Since having my kids I've lost 4 1/2 stone and exercise quite well.

I'm at the doctors enough, don't want to go back with another issue lol

Oh no, so sorry you are having so many issues :( That is great though that you have lost 4 and half stone :thumbup: , I'm in very much need to get my arse into gear to start losing weight myself.

I know not nice having to go doctors over so many things, i hate going over anything. Might just be one of them things though because was pretty much saying that to me that as getting older some women's cycles can go like that. Are you tracking your ovulation yet? Just to think not to worry too much because i conceived my 2nd with cycles of around 7 and 8 weeks and conceived her on 2nd cycle.

Nope, I've never tracked ovulation. I just usually test like crazy and wait for scan to work out due date when I finally conceive. I was lucky with my 2, I was quick to fall pregnant with both. My daughter was 3rd cycle and son was the 1st after a MC (which had been 2nd cycle)

I know worrying about it tends to cause further issues, it's just one of those things I've become aware of and wonder if I should do something now rather than later. I'd hate to start ttc then it be delayed by having to do something I could do now whilst not actually trying for a baby. Just not sure what that could be

Thanks for this thread. I have problems with long cycles too. This year they seem to be more consistently long as well. whereas in the past I might have a few "normal" ones and then a long one. This year it is the other way with most an abnormal length.

I am interested in the comments about vitamins and weight. I have defo put on a bit in the last year so wonder if this is causing the trouble. Was a bit worried that it was age and I might be approaching menopause early or something. I'm 35 and am WTT.

Thinking back on it, although I technically fell pregnant on 3rd cycle I was day fifty odd before I got my bfp with my 1st baby. That's when I started having longer cycles and I was a lot bigger then. What vitamins do you take jessicasmum? I take a multivitamin plus extra vitamin d as per GP instruction. My cycles did regulate after my son was born and while he was breastfeeding. I'm 28 so don't think my age has anything to do with it

With my first but this is some time ago she's 12 now, i didn't get a bfp until after 7 weeks just all kept saying i wasnt even at hospital and gp.

I'm not on any vitamins at the moment but before and when trying for our 2nd i was taking seven seas trying to conceive vitamins, i swear it was them that helped me and the small amount of weight i lossed. My cycles went shorter after having my 2nd but for about 10 months i was bleeding in between. Not sure my cycles have settled completely yet after our 3rd who's just turned 10 months.

Personally i would avoid any form of contraception other than condoms if you are wanting to ttc soon. What really helped me to get more cycles regular was Apple cider vinegar. 1 tbs in a pint of water every morning on a empty stomach. It's great to balance hormones and a probiotic too. I also take magnesium oil (spray on skin) and Liquid vitamin d3. I don't worry about the other vitamins and minerals as I eat an all organic plant based diet. We're hoping to ttc in February.

I'm actually gonna go completely against what the poster above me said. haha. Twice, I got pregnant 2 months after going off of a mini birth control pill. I ALSO got pregnant with my fifth baby while I was having wonky cycles. They were between 15 and 55 days long. I was NOT TTC and assumed I wasn't ovulating. :) So don't write yourself off completely because your cycles are weird. I also tend to get pregnant when I'm eating very well - actually, following a Whole30 eating style. Google it. It is great, I lost a good amount of weight and felt SO much better in just a month. Best of luck!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->