Cycles shorter than before?

InVivoVeritas

Reaction score
When I conceived my other kids (aged 26, 27, 28) my cycles were very irregular but averaged about 35 days. Now, aged 38, they're pretty much set at 27 days. Also, AF used to be about 2 days of heavy flow followed by 2 of medium and one light day. Now I get one medium, 1 light and 1 of spotting.

Naturally, I'm obsessing over all of this. Does it mean I'm heading into perimenopause? Does the much lighter AF mean the lining of my uterus isn't up to carrying a pregnancy? Or could it just be that I'm about 50lbs lighter than I was then?

Anybody else obsess about how cycles have changed now that we're of Advanced Maternal Age? (And does anybody else hate that label as much as I do?)

My cycles are now 27 days and light after only 1/2 days too. I worry that I am pre menopausal. I am too scared to ask for the early symptoms though.

yup me too, mine changed from 30 to 28 and sometimes they are heavy and sometimes not. But maybe it was always that way and I just notice it now because I have a moon cup and I´m way more conscious of it.
Can you ask your mums what age they started the menopause, generally it is a good indicator of when you will. My Gran had my mum at 40 so I´m hoping that is good news for me, I´m 38, although I might go see the DR anyway.
good luck ladies.

I've spent hours googling the symptoms, but they all seem to revolve around things like hot flashes or memory loss. Nothing about the mechanics of estrogen and progesterone and how they change in the body.

I'm trying to convince myself that these days I have a whole week less to wait between attempts! :thumbup:

My mom went into menopause aged in her late forties, her mom had her youngest child aged 46, so I'm hoping genetics is on my side.

Fingers crossed for all of us.

When I conceived my other kids (aged 26, 27, 28) my cycles were very irregular but averaged about 35 days. Now, aged 38, they're pretty much set at 27 days. Also, AF used to be about 2 days of heavy flow followed by 2 of medium and one light day. Now I get one medium, 1 light and 1 of spotting.

Naturally, I'm obsessing over all of this. Does it mean I'm heading into perimenopause? Does the much lighter AF mean the lining of my uterus isn't up to carrying a pregnancy? Or could it just be that I'm about 50lbs lighter than I was then?

Anybody else obsess about how cycles have changed now that we're of Advanced Maternal Age? (And does anybody else hate that label as much as I do?)

Mine are lighter too . I used to have 3 days of heavy flow and 2 of light. Now I get 1 day medium and 2 days very light. It does worry me.:(
Invivoveritas- is your post right with your kids ages? That would make you only 10 yrs old when you had your 1st?!

When I conceived my other kids (aged 26, 27, 28) my cycles were very irregular

Invivoveritas- is your post right with your kids ages? That would make you only 10 yrs old when you had your 1st?!

LOL!! Nope, sorry if I was unclear! My girls are 12 and almost 10 (and I lost my son as a baby), those were MY ages when each of them was born!

Sorry about that!

:rofl::rofl:
When I conceived my other kids (aged 26, 27, 28) my cycles were very irregular

LOL!! Nope, sorry if I was unclear! My girls are 12 and almost 10 (and I lost my son as a baby), those were MY ages when each of them was born!

Sorry about that!

:dohh: that makes sense now! I was thinking gosh that is VERY young !
I'm so sorry for your loss hun:hugs:Wishing you lots of luck for a speedy bfp xx

That's funny -- and it'll teach me to read what I typed before I hit the Submit button!!

Hopefully the BFPs won't take much longer for any of us, although I tend to have a harder job holding on than I do conceiving in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->