Cycles

CharmedKirsty

Reaction score
I finished my last BCP on Sunday and i'm expecting my withdrawal bleed to start tomorrow but I'm guessing it's not really my first cycle until i get my proper period back is it?

I think you're right.

I was on Cerazette so didn't get withdrawal bleed (I wasn't having periods while I was on it), but got my first AF just under 8 weeks later.

I think you're right though and if you normally got a withdrawal bleed on the pill during your pill-free break each month then yes it'll be the next one after that that is the official one, from what I understand. I'm sure somebody with more knowledge will be about soon.

Your period this week will be a regular one like you had while taking BCP all along.

While on the BCP your body does not normally go through the stages of the thickening of the lining of the uterus in prep. for ovulation. Ovulation is suppressed.

When you don't take a pil again next Sunday your body should begin to adjust and start to go through the 'normal' steps of the menstrual cycle again. Next month you should have a normal bleed and on that day you get your first normal period you have Day 1 of your first normal cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->