Cyclogest 200mg, aspirin 75mg, folic acid 5mg

bexbaby

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I found out 2 days ago I was pregnant (around 4-5 weeks) after 2 miscarriages. After my last miscarriage the midwife told me the next time I was to get pregnant she would prescribe me cyclogest 200mg aspirin 75mg and folic acid 5mg. Alls I'm asking is if there are any other ladies out there that have also been taking these prescribed drugs and whether they've had a good experience or bad experience, also if they've had any side effects.

I also have had a successful pregnancy before these miscarriages, I have a 2 and a half year old son with whom I had no problem what so ever getting pregnant with.

If anyone has any information is greatly appreciate it.

:) :) xxx

I'm on 5mg of folic acid and 75 asprin due to late mmc but also had two successful pregnancies. Not noticed any side affects at all. Gl

Thank you for your reply. I've only started taking all tablets today, around 2 hours after taking the aspirin I was feeling a little panicky and my heart was racing :/ I don't know if that's just me over thinking things (I do suffer from panic attacks to) or this is a side effect. What do you think? 😊😙

Sorry late reply, I too im an anxiety sufferer so I feel for you.
The asprin is good for your heart so it shouldn't be that, it's what heart attack patients take to avoid them happening again.
Plus I think the asprin is too low a dose to have much affect ��

Personally, I don't know anything about Cyclogest 200mg so I can't comment on that. I don't believe that folic acid will have any effect on MC as this is a very common medication to take.

However....I am a firm believer in Aspirin if you have a clotting issue that is causing a MC. I list 3 babies last year and I started taking Aspirin and I am almost 10 weeks and things look promising. I am only taking 81 mg though.

I am also taking progesterone and I think that helps also.

I haven't had any side effects.

Personally, I don't know anything about Cyclogest 200mg so I can't comment on that. I don't believe that folic acid will have any effect on MC as this is a very common medication to take.

However....I am a firm believer in Aspirin if you have a clotting issue that is causing a MC. I list 3 babies last year and I started taking Aspirin and I am almost 10 weeks and things look promising. I am only taking 81 mg though.

I am also taking progesterone and I think that helps also.

I haven't had any side effects.

Hello the cyclogest is a progesterone pessarie, so we are on the same meds by the sounds of it. I've been feeling dizzy and sleepy since using them though

Xx

Ahhh progesterone, yup I've been on that a while.

So your concern is that you have been been feeling dizzy and sleepy since using them. Both tiredness and dizziness are pregnancy symptoms so I bet its from pregnancy rather than the meds. I was on these meds from O and the tiredness and dizziness didn't start till after my BFP. I would just mention it to the doctor though.

Ahhh progesterone, yup I've been on that a while.

So your concern is that you have been been feeling dizzy and sleepy since using them. Both tiredness and dizziness are pregnancy symptoms so I bet its from pregnancy rather than the meds. I was on these meds from O and the tiredness and dizziness didn't start till after my BFP. I would just mention it to the doctor though.

I'm going to ask my gp about the dizziness because it's consatantly even when I'm just sat down doing nothing, I wasn't this bad with my other pregnancies. Just the tiredness was the same I was always exhausted!

just wondering how did your pregnancy progress? I too had 2 mmc and have a healthy son 2 1/2 year old previous to mc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->