Cyclogest, when to start using

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
As the title. Pretty certain I ovulated CD12, I'm now on CD14 with a temp increase today. I know most say wait until Fertility Friend confirms ovulation but I'm impatient and want to start it now. Taking into account all signs I'm 99.9% positive I ovulated already, and I'm desperate for some relief from anxiety which I found this helped before. So, do you think it would hurt to start it today, before the app confirms?

i don't know what cyclogest is but I am here sending positive vibes your way :) anxiety is the worst! im currently on CD58 with negative hpts and with no idea if I ovulated or not! Waiting for AF is killing me

Thank you :)
Cyclogest is bioidentical progesterone in pessary form. You can supplement with it if you suspect or it's confirmed you have low progesterone during your luteal phase since progesterone is essential for supporting a pregnancy and early on, before the placenta takes over its production, your body is meant to make enough of it. I have shown lots of signs my body doesn't do that, so I am prescribed it by my GP.
Anxiety is one of many signs of low progesterone and the first sign I experienced was a huge increase in anxiety and I started suffering with PMDD (a more severe form of PMS), then once I started charting and looking at my temps I noticed that whilst I do have an increase that you would see after ovulation, it wasn't sustained and my temps would fall quite early on. I do have a regular length luteal phase which is good, but since my temps would fall quite early in many cycles and I have had quite a few chemicals I decided to try it. Since it's what we should be making anyway, not only is it important generally to your health, but it shouldn't hurt to supplement even if you are making enough of it.

I'm sorry you're having a tough cycle. Are they usually as long as this? Do you temp? Or track any signs? I wouldn't assume you're out yet, I have seen many a time women with longer cycles (even a random longer cycle) see a positive hpt. It could be you ovulated late rather than didn't ovulate and implantation can happen as late as 13dpo too, there are so many variables that unless you have a regular cycle and know it like the back of your hand, there's every chance of pregnancy. Of course even the most regular of people can have the occasional random weird cycle, fingers crossed for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->