cyst removal

blake12336

Reaction score
I have a cyst on my face just under my left eye.

I have been to the doctors numerous times as I am very self conscious about it, and was referred to the hospital, however I had a letter back saying they won't see me about it as it is purely cosmetic.

It bothers me so much I am looking to go private, but I can't afford the £750 quoted from surgeon!

Can anyone recommend me a place that does cyst removals in the west midlands please?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I had one on my upper eyelid. I was told I would have to have it removed in case it interfered with my sight, and that it wouldn't go away on its own. I didn't do anything about it and it disappeared after about a year on its own.

My mum had one removed with no bother ( NHS). If it bothers u, go for it but it might disappear given a little time (unless you've had it for ages)

Thanks Mrs R, I've had it for around 5 years now though and it is only getting bigger.

The doctor is no longer listening to me when I tell him how much it bothers me and has just told me I have to go private which I can't really afford.

I have even been tempted to try and get it out myself!

I hada cyst many years ago on my cheek, its was a huge lump under my skin (like a huge headless boil). When I went to have it removed they said they wouldn't cut it out as it would leave too big a scar. They injected it with steroids and it shrunk, it did come back, but one more steroid injection and it went for good x

I have one on my cheek nr my ear it moves under the skin but luckily others can't see it they won't cut it out cos of nerves so I'm thinking I might have laser. Could you try going back to your gp.

have a smallish one on my nose and was also told they would do nothing as its 'cosmetic' .. really wound me up i dont often go to the docs and its something that makes me feel self conscious and i get dismissed like that.

Also to add my mum had one under her eye and was booked in to have it removed (like 20 years ago on nhs) and they did tell her it would leave a scar .. but it just disappeared the night before her op .. there's always the chance it could go away on its own xx

Maybe try a different GP. Yours doesn't sound very helpful. Always worth a second opinion

I've just had two removed from my scalp on Friday! I would try a different GP too. Good luck :flower:

I work in an eye clinic in Leeds so obviously not the right area for you but I can tell you that we remove lots of cysts here on and around eyes. Its NHS aswell so I would definitely return to your gp fpr a second opinion.

I work in an eye clinic in Leeds so obviously not the right area for you but I can tell you that we remove lots of cysts here on and around eyes. Its NHS aswell so I would definitely return to your gp fpr a second opinion.

I have an appointment with a different gp on Monday. A female too so hopefully they will relate to how self conscious I am about it.

Do you just get referrals from the gp?

Yeah can you not tell a little white lie and say its irritating you or something?!

We get referrals from opticians aswell as gps and occasionally the hospital

It does irritate me, well that side of my face feels constantly tight as it it's pulling. I think I will go back to my optician as couldn't see the doctor in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->